In rapidly growing economies, it has become imperative for marketers to develop an effective method of nullifying risk in a business. This gave rise to the course of financial risk management helping you to counter every kind of risks threatening a business. It helps you to deal with various aspects of risks including credit risk, liquidity risk, market risk, etc. Here you can learn to recognize and prevent financial risks that might affect your business now or in the future.
What is Financial Risk Management?
Financial risk management is the technique adopted by diverse economies around the globe to identify financial risks and eliminate them. It allows you to understand the risks you might take, what risks you should avoid, and how to develop an effective strategy. The subject also helps you to eliminate numerous risks involved in the area within investment banks including corporations and government agencies. Risk is integrated into any business affecting it's cash flows and the scope of sustainability in an economy. Therefore, financial risk management is a course contributing to risk management professionals.
Among numerous aspects of this subject, the primary area of focus is across the fields of geographies. It possesses a strong significance in various fields of business development and contributing to its increasing popularity among financial experts. The risk management program involves policies that your business need to ensure to withstand before engaging with a new deal. It helps you to understand the capability of your business allowing you to boost your cash flows. Thus, financial risk management gives you a clear picture of what you can achieve with your business; along with the decisions need to be made evaluating all the risks that might arise.
How Many Types of Financial Risk?
Financial risk is a top-end risk type that has a direct relation with the flow of money in a business. It monitors the rate of money flowing in and out of business. Financial risk arises due to the nature of the market giving rise to various types of financial risks. The types of financial risks are given as follows:
- Market Risk: This type of risk is faced by a business when the prices of financial tools go up and down. Market risk can further be segregated into two sub-categories known as Directional Risk and Non - Directional Risk. Directional risk arises when there is a variation in the prices of stock, interest rates, and other factors. On the other hand, all the unpredictable risks in a business are known as non - directional risks.
- Credit Risk: This situation arises when you fail to fulfill all the terms and conditions of your contract with business parties. Credit risk can also be classified into two sub-categories, Sovereign Risk and Settlement Risk. A business experiences the case of sovereign risk due to unmanageable foreign exchange policies. On the contrary, settlement risk is observed in an organization when one party fails to perform its role after receiving the payment.
- Liquidity Risk: It is observed when a business is unable to carry on transactions successfully. This inability to execute trades in a business is also known as funding risk. Liquidity risk can also be classified into Asset Liquidity Risk and Funding Liquidity Risk. Asset liquidity risk is seen in a situation where buyers or sellers are not capable of increasing the cash flow of the business. Whereas, funding liquidity risk occurs when trying to sell assets or properties contributing to a rise in funds. Thus, liquidity risk stands tall as a wall between your way to increase the cash flow of your business.
- Operational Risk: This risk is experienced in a situation where technical failures or mismanagement happens. Operational risk elucidates other risks encountered by a business in its daily operations. Types of operational risk known by marketers nowadays include Fraud Risk and Model Risk. Fraud risk is seen in the case of lacking controls, whereas, model risk occurs due to an error in the application of the model. Factors like theft, fraud, poor budgeting, etc. contribute to the risks to your business if not handled precisely.
Sample Question And Solution Of Financial Risk Management
FIN205 Business Finance For Risk Management Team
Based on the case (not your own), answer the following:[ The views are of the authors, which can be countered in part (g) of the questions.]
a)Describe the banking market at the UAE at the time of Al Hilal’s launch.
b)What were the key issues that the government faced at the time of Al Hilal’s launch?
c)What has contributed to Al Hilal’s success?
d)What are the challenges Al Hilal face?
e)Why traditional banks may not achieve similar results as Al Hilal’s?
f)You can add whatever you feel like adding to the discussion in this section.
Banking Market At The UAE
During the launch of Al Hilal, an Islamic bank owned by the government of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the UAE banking market was facing a lot of financial crisis, the financial environment was also facing a lot of uncertainties and most banks were being shut down due to a lot of risk of losses during that time. However, Al Hilal bank was not affected by these market uncertainties, instead, the growth of the bank was observed to be very fast, more branches were opened and the bank ensured worthwhile projects continued. read more
How to Identify Financial Risk?
To establish your business as the most successful in the market, it becomes crucial for you to recognize the financial risk associated with it. You need to evaluate your daily financial operations emphasizing greatly on the cash flow boosting your operational procedures.
7 Effective Ways to Identify Financial Risks
- Interactions: To identify your risks, first you need to shortlist your shareholders who can provide you with a variety of reviews.
- Ideologies: You need to brainstorm through a variety of doctrines to plan an efficient layout contributing to the identification of financial risk. This helps you to plan preventive measures at the time of any mishappening to prevent your business from going into financial debt or trap.
- To-do list: You need to check if your organization is vulnerable to some of the most widely known financial risk. Also, you need to carefully analyze every aspect of the projects being carried out by your organization to identify common risks. So, preparing a to-do list serves you in many ways, but, it does not contain all the risk.
- Critical Assumptions: It works on the assumption that factors are mostly considered to be accurate or real without any proof or demonstration. Assumptions can be viewed as a source of risk capable of influencing the growth of your business. Thus, making assumptions plays a critical role in directing the growth of an organization.
- Cause-Effect Diagrams: This diagram plays a significant role in evaluating the risks involved in any business. It gives you a better understanding of how the risk factors affect your business so that you can plan accordingly.
- Nominal Group Technique (NGT): NGT is a popular technique among various marketers in different economies. This technique collects the input and prioritizes them considering the risks involved in a business. The accuracy of this method is the primary reason for its popularity in various economies.
- Affinity Diagram: This diagram interacts with the users making it a fun and creative method educating them with different aspects of the diagram.
What is Considered in Financial Risk Management?
Financial risk management is a method specializing in the practice of assisting and tackling of various financial instruments under more significant risks. There is not a single investment nowadays, where the risk doesn't play its part. Also, the financial risks in any business contribute majorly to achieving the desired results helping your business to sustain. Among numerous financial risks affecting the business, different risks affect the financial activities in different ways. For instance, some of the most common financial risks sustaining in the market are credit risk, inflation risk, volatility risk, etc.
The financial risk management program involves policies ensuring your business to withstand the consequences before engaging with a new deal. It helps you to understand the capability of your business allowing you to boost your cash flows. Thus, financial risk management gives you a clear picture of what you can achieve with your business; along with the decisions need to be made evaluating all the risks that might arise.
Financial Risk Management Methods
To sustain in an economy efficiently, it is imperative for an organization to identify the potential risks surrounding it. The finance marketers are responsible for analyzing the risks involved in a business and adopting the best approach to deal with it.
4 Financial Risk Management Methods
- Measured Regression: It is very crucial to analyze and evaluate the nature of a factor in a way it affects its contemporary element. Think of how the cash inflow gets affected concerning continuously changing rate of interest.
- Risk Factor: This is another important method used for the management of financial risk as it is highly dependent on the amount of potential loss. It estimates the risk value of a business calculating the probability of the amount lost in a given time frame. Thus, this method helps you to determine the possibility of maximum loss that an organization might suffer.
- Equities and Securities: Financial instruments like debt and investments are a mixture of two factors of an organization known as securities. There is a possibility of future contracts and tradable commodities to be utilized in the interest of the business. Further, this method is classified into the fundamental analysis which resembles the working of business factors like financial statements.
- Risk Scenarios: This approach has gained its popularity among marketers as it plays a vital role in magnifying the risks. It provides them with a better insight into the possibilities of some unseen risks affecting a business. Therefore, it is also known as the stress test as it gives all the necessary information needed to plan an efficient layout.
Advantages of Financial Risk Management
- It allows you to get a clear picture of the future risks involved in your business and helps you to avoid any unwanted calamity.
- Another significant feature of this method is that it plays a vital role in increasing the number of opportunities for your business.
- This method helps your business to grow as it provides you with a wide range of options ensuring business sustainability.
Peerless Services of Myassignmenthelp.com Benefitting Students
Do you feel trembled under the tight deadlines of your universities? There is no dishonor in admitting it as it is widespread among most of the students especially, among higher grades students. Also, your vast academic syllabus contributes majorly to the stress in your life. So, a subject like financial risk management can haunt you to the extent of your nightmares giving you a headache. Can you think of the last time when you spent your weekend enjoying with your friends and family? Well, you can say goodbye to all your worries now and take a sigh of relief with the best service.
Myassignmenthelp.com is the support you need to get away from your adversities and achieving desired results. Our unmatched services promise you a steep rise in your grades helping you to unlock the doors of success. Other than this, we have a team of experts dedicated to delivering you with a top-notch assignment. We possess a track record of successfully catering to thousands of students worldwide from the past decade with maximum customer satisfaction. The knowledge possessed by our experts plays a significant role in helping you to secure higher grades. Myassignmenthelp.com can successfully deliver you with an excellent assignment contributing to your higher grades.
Thus, to help you secure maximum grades and a better future, our experts work at full capacity to provide you an excellent assignment. Also, we have a team of customer support service available 24*7 working rigorously to assist you in the best way. At last, myassignmenthelp.com provides you with a vast number of free services. Some of these free services include free plagiarism check, free changes in your assignment, free unlimited revisions, etc. Are you ready for the most exciting journey of your life? Connect with us now.