Definition of Reference rate
Reference rate is defined by the interest rate which is reliant on a floating-rate security or interest rate swap. A reference rate which, is dedicated to determine payoffs in finance related contract, not under the control of involved parties in the contract. The reference rate can take the form of moving index such as LIBOR, the prime rate or the rate on benchmark U.S. Treasuries.
- Reference rate is not limited in one, can take many forms, reference rate can take the form of an inflation benchmark (such as the Consumer Price Index) or a measure of economic health (such as unemployment rates or corporate default rates) depending on the written financial contract or security.
- Reference rate is a standard, which is implemented to determine the interest rate of other financial transactions, mortgages and floating rate securities, is used as a benchmark rate with additional fixed amounts with additional individual contracts.
Books on Reference rate
Floating-Rate Securities By Frank J. Fabozzi, CFA, Steven V. Mann (published by John Wiley & Sons, 2000)
Exchange Rate Regimes for Emerging Markets: Reviving the Intermediate Option By John Williamson (published by Peterson Institute, 2000)
How Reference rate works?
- Mostly, reference rate is enforced on short-term interest rate such as LIBOR, such as loans, floating rate notes, short-term interest rate futures contracts, swaps, etc. The calculations of interest are done by autonomous organization like the British Bankers Association (BBA) in order to entail the independence the average of rates are quoted by large panel of banks.
- Constant maturity swaps are another form of examples regarding reference rate; independent organizations use the ISDAfix rates for daily calculations, the International Swaps and Derivatives Association, quotes decided by a large panel of banks.
- The same concept of the reference rate is used in the credit derivative market, where the pay-offs the decided by the rates but positive events.
How MyAssignmentHelp.com will be helpful in Reference rate topics?
MyAssignmentHelp.com possesses a team of finance experts, who have proficient knowledge in this subject, can guide to acquire knowledge of the skill sets that are required for this coursework. If assignment writing is creating problems, MyAssignmentHelp.com has the tools to help you. Essay and dissertation writing has many steps to accomplish, so MyAssignmentHelp.com has developed facilities to aid you. Finance homework can be time consuming, but not with MyAssignmentHelp.com.
Other services provided by MyAssignmentHelp.com students for US, UK and Australia students
Online assignment help is a way to master the skills in assignment writing with the help of MyAssignmentHelp.com finance writers, if students are struggling with their dissertation writing, and dissertation writing services have the adroitness to assist students. If you want custom help on your essay writing, you can submit your request to MyAssignmentHelp.com as they will help you with essay writing help. You contact our customer support at any time of the day, because they are 24*7 online to help you. Homework help is provided to students in order to ease the difficulties.