What is Data Analytics?
Data analytics is the method used to analyze data that is useful for a business. It can also be defined as the process of examining data to conclude the collected information. These days, most people are interested in analyzing the vast amount of data collected via transactions with a variety of companies or websites.
Data analytics technologies or techniques are widely used in the information technology industry. With the emergence of software and other similar tools, the commercial industry has also added the data analytics process to their work. The method enables the organizations to make more-informed business with a systematic approach. It helps to make decisions skillfully and ensure proper business growth. Apart from that, data analytics is also used by researches to verify or disprove scientific models, theories and hypotheses.
Most Common Data Analytics Techniques
Data analytics predominantly refers to an assortment of application. It starts from basic business intelligence to online analytical processing to various forms of advanced analytics. There are different techniques for data analytics. Some of the conventional techniques are discussed below.
Anomaly Detection: This is the most common types of the data analysis technique. It refers to searching for information in a set of data. The data collected through this technique could not match an unexpected behavior or predicted the pattern. The term anomaly means exceptions, contaminants, surprises and they offer actionable and crucial information. In numerical terms, the data collected in anomaly detection is different from the rest of the data. Detecting an anomaly is like finding out the risk factor in the data analysis process. This can help the business to find out crucial situations including fraud, flawed process, and areas of improvement. It can also help the business to understand how the business strategies will be effective.
Clustering Analysis: The process refers to identifying the data sets with similar attributes to learn their similarities as well as differences. Common traits of clustered data in an analysis enhance the algorithm for targeting. For instance, clusters of customer information with similar purchasing behavior could be targeted with related services and products to try raising the conversion rate.
The clustering analysis helps the businesses to find out the behavior or attitude of the customers within specific demographics. The business can use various software or programming tool to analyze relevant clusters in business.
Association Analysis: To identify relevant associations between different variables in a large-scale database, the association analysis process is used. This technique is recommended for the retail stores for approving new products, according to what other customers have purchased. When a business can implement association analysis as a process, it will also increase the conversion rate.
The data science technique will allow you to discover a concealed pattern of the data. Association analysis is a systematic way to understand the type of variables within the data and how the pattern identified will be used for the business.
Regression Analysis: This analysis process will help you to determine the dependency between the attributes. The cause and effect from one attribute to the other depends on the type of attribute that the business identifies. The regression analysis process helps the business to identify the type of attribute and the type of dependency. The same analysis process can also be used to identify various levels of client satisfaction and how this attribute can affect customer loyalty.
By gathering more data about the customers, the business can grow in a systematic pattern. Therefore, regression analysis is one of the most important techniques of data analysis in business.
Data Analysis in The Research and Marketing
When it comes to the research and marketing domain, data analysis has a significant role to play. The data analysis in market research is all about scrutinizing the quantitative as well as qualitative data to arrive at a conclusion regarding the condition of the market. These conclusions help the business to get critical insights for the research project or any other associated report or presentation.
The primary aim of data analysis in research is to discover useful information from a set of data. To understand the most essential features of the market, it is important to go for data analysis. It helps the business to understand the variables of the market. There are mainly two types of marketing variables- dependent and independent variables.
In market research, the segregation of dependent and independent variables is significant. According to the condition of the variables and the analysis, marketing strategies are implemented. Keep reading to know the ways in which data analysis works for dependent and independent variables.
Independent Variables: In market research, the 4Ps of marketing is referred to independent variables that do not depend on any factor to control nature. The essential features of the marketing mix, product, place, price, and promotion can be altered at any time. It has been found that marketers can alter these factors to ensure business growth and consistent conversion rate. Therefore, a businessperson can find out the areas that need improvement by conducting a proper data analysis.
Dependent Variables: In market research, the dependent variables are sales revenue, sales growth, new customers and their inquiries. The data analysis helps to understand the condition of the dependent variables. According to the report of analysis, the independent variables are modified. Once the variables are in place, the systematic growth of the organization is ensured.
Therefore, in the domain of marketing, data analysis is indeed a very crucial part. It is required to understand customers’ requirements, areas of improvement in business and more.
Tools to Perform Data Analysis
For a systematic data analysis, there are different tools for performing the process. Here is the list of top 4 tools that can be used to perform data analysis and acquire accurate information.
- R Programming: It is the leading analytics tool in the industry and is widely used for statistics and data modeling. The best thing about this tool is that it can modify your data and present it in different forms. The capacity of data, performance, and outcome of this tool is the best in the industry. R complies and runs on a variety of platforms starting from viz-UNIX, Windows, and MacOS.
- SAS: SAS can be referred to as one of the oldest tools to conduct data analysis. In the field of marketing, SAS has made a new entry due to its user-friendly interface. SAS introduced a large set of products in 2011 for customer intelligence. Apart from that, various SAS modules for the web, social media, and marketing analytics is widely used for profiling customers and prospects are also introduced. SAS is the number one choice for marketing research and analysis.
- Microsoft Excel: Excel is a popular tool used in every industry. This is one of the oldest tools and is widely applied for easy-to-use instructions. It is used by beginners to conduct data analysis. You need to know the basics of Excel to use any of the data analytics tools. The tool has the advance business analytics option in the latest versions. These are some of the best tools to analyze data.
Statistical Techniques for Data Analysis
There are different methods of data analysis that people follow. One of the best ways is following the statistical techniques. Some of the techniques are discussed below.
- Mean: The arithmetic 'Mean' refers to the average of a sum. The mean in data analysis is useful to determine the overall trend of the data set. This is very useful in data analysis.
- Standard Deviation: It is the measurement of the spread of data around the mean. This process is the best one to measure the dispersion of data points.
- Regression: This is the statistical process to understand the relationship between dependent and explanatory variables. It also explains whether the relationship is strong or weak and shows the areas of improvement.
These simple statistical techniques are followed at the time of data analysis.
Quantitative Data Analysing Technique
There are 2 types of quantitative data analyzing techniques. Read on to know the most crucial steps of analyzing quantitative data.
- Data Preparation: This is the process of preparing the data to become meaningful and readable. The preparation stage has three sub-steps to prepare the data appropriately.
- Data Validation
- Data Editing
- Data Coding
While validating the data, some of the important points are fraud, screening, procedure, and completeness. The editing process includes basic data checks, check for outliers, etc. Data coding is the process of categorizing the data in terms of age, sex, income, etc.
- Analysis Method: There are two most commonly used quantitative data analysis method. These are:
- Descriptive statistics
- Inferential statistics
In the descriptive method, absolute numbers are found. Common methods used are mean, median, mode and frequency. These numbers do not explain the rationale of the findings.
In Inferential statistics, the scenario is different. This is a more complex analysis that shows the relationship between two variables. Commonly used methods are the correlation, regression, analysis of variance, etc.
Quantitative Messages Received while Analysing a Set of Data
There are 9 types of quantitative messages that are received while analyzing a set of data. Customers specifying requirements and analysts performing the data analysis may consider these messages during the process.
- Time series
- Nominal Comparison
- Frequency distribution
- Geographic condition
Now that you know the messages received while analyzing quantitative data, let us talk about the barriers that one might face while performing data analysis.
Barriers while Performing a Data Analysis
In business, there is no way of making things successful without facing any hurdle. Therefore, it is essential to understand the barriers and work accordingly. In the case of data analysis, there are specific barriers that businessmen need to cross. Some of the hurdles are discussed below.
- Opinions and other biases in decision-making: This is one of the biggest obstacles in business. To ensure a systematic workflow, it is vital to consider the opinions of the decision makers. Apart from that, it is also problematic to avoid biases in decision-making.
- Inadequate skills to interpret and apply analytics in business contexts: Even if there are no shortage of technical staffs in business, it has often been found that inadequate technical skills make the data analysis a flawed one.
- Time lag: Many respondents indicate analytics results arrive too late for decisions. If data-driven insights are not available at the speed of decision-making, it will not be taken into account.
These are some of the common barriers that businessmen face while conducting data analysis.
How Can Data Analyses Help Your Business to Grow?
Data analysis is a dynamic process that helps the business to develop in a systematic way. There is no denial of the fact that expanding a business is a big challenge. Successful businessmen know how the implementation of data analytics helps the business to grow consistently. Some of the best ways are highlighted below.
- Planning the expansion process
- Finding your audience
- Developing a relevant business plan
- Deciding on the marketing campaign
- Using predictive insights from the analysis to take actions
These are the best ways to use the results of data analysis and ensure the systematic growth of your business.
To wrap it up,
There can be no denial of the fact that data analysis is the best way to ensure systematic business growth. Thus, data analysis can be regarded as an inevitable part of a successful business.
Are you planning to hire the best writer for your assignment on data analysis?
If you are struggling to write a flawless Statistics assignment for the upcoming semester, availing assignment help is the best option for you. MyAssignmenthelp.com boasts of a team of qualified assignment writers who provide flawless assignment help at an affordable rate. These writers have the best understanding of the technicalities involved in the subject.
We provide a top-notch quality of assignment that can impress your supervisors right away. If you hire us for your academic paper, no one can stop you from fetching the best grades in the class.
Some of the amazing benefits of choosing our services are listed below:
- Pocket-friendly prices
- Delivery before you can blink your eyes
- Quality that will leave your supervisors awestruck
- No risk of copied content
- Jaw-dropping discounts
- Referral bonus
- Loyalty points
These are some of the awesome benefits that you can receive by choosing our service. In addition, here are some of the achievements of our services that will compel you to choose us above all:
- 99% of customer satisfaction
- 5000+ subject experts
- 100+ subject coverage
- 4.9 rating out of 5
Place your trust in our experts and earn the desired grades this semester. Give us a chance and we won’t let you down.