Definition of Sales
A sale is defined as the activity of selling a service or product in return for compensation like money or any other exchange item. Sales can also be termed as a beginning of an engagement between a vendor and a consumer. The consumer can be a potentially new customer or an already existing customer. Hence, sales can also be termed as the extension of such an engagement.
In the commercial activity of sales, a product or service provider completes a sale while responding to a request for purchase. Further, the transfer of ownership regarding the item takes place, followed by the due settlement of the product’s or service’s price. Ultimately, the seller settles over a price at which he or she willingly parts with the claim upon the product or service. The purchaser is a party to the sale taking place but only the seller has the power to execute the sale. If the seller completes the first two steps of consent and passing of the product’s or service’s ownership, then the sale remains valid as it only creates an obligation for the purchaser to pay.
Textbooks on Sales
Every marketer needs to understand the basic concept of Sales and its constantly changing trends. Hence, here are the details of a few textbooks based upon the topic of Sales as follows:
- Sales Promotion: How to Create, Implement and Integrate Campaigns that Really Work by Roddy Mullin (Published by Kogan Page Publishers – Year 2010).
- Vault Career Guide to Sales & Trading by Gabriel Kim (Published by Vault Inc. – Year 2004).
Examples of Sales
Example 1: An interesting example of Sales is Electronic Data Interchange alias EDI. In this Sales technique, a set of standards for structuring information is devised. It is electronically exchanged between and that too within businesses. In this method, the method of communication between two or more parties is mediated through human beings but there is indirect contact between persons.
Example 2: Another interesting example of Sales is a method of Request for Proposal. As per this method, an invitation is given to suppliers, through a process of bidding so that they can submit a proposal regarding a specific service or even a product. This method is abbreviated as an RFP, and it usually represents a portion of a complex sales process that is known as Enterprise Sales.
How MyAssignmentHelp.com Writers can help regarding Sales?
The marketing writers at MyAssignmentHelp.com can surely help students with a topic like Sales. Here are some of our helping methods as follows:
- Our marketing writers can help students at the time of their dissertation project or essay work based upon Sales issues such as Price Settlement.
- Our marketing writers can even assist students if they get stuck with their homework or assignment completion related to Sales topics like seller consent.
Other services provided by MyAssignmentHelp.com students from nations like US, UK and Australia apart from Assignment Topics like Sales
Some other writing services provided by the marketing writers at MyAssignmentHelp.com apart from Sales topic material are as follows:
- We provide online assignment help and even homework help based on marketing issues like Online Marketing Writing.
- We provide dissertation writing service or even essay writing help regarding marketing topics like Online Behavioral Marketing.