Learning outcomes assessed
Students who successfully complete this module will be able to:
1. Identify, analyse and communicate principles and processes of Network Design.
2. Critically analyse and evaluate business and technical requirements.
3. Plan and design a Network Infrastructure (LAN/WAN/MAN).
4. Design and evaluate a management and implementation strategy for a network.
5. Collect and synthesise information to inform a choice of vendor solutions, with the module assignment providing a good opportunity to test this area.
6. Evaluate a range of information comparing alternative methods and techniques used in Network Design.
7. Be able to troubleshoot and maintain integrated, complex networks.
Within this piece of work as agreed at the programme level meeting This assignment will assess the following learning outcomes:
1. Demonstrate a broad understanding of the knowledge base of this module, and its terminology and discourse
2. Evaluate network devices to be used for a particular area in the network in relation to requirement
3. Design and implement a fully functional network infrastructurebased on requirement given in the assignment brief
4. Demonstrate autonomous learning context and draw on prior experiences reflecting and evaluating on new leaning outcome.
You are working as a network engineer in an IT company. You have been assigned to design and implement a network infrastructure for a small company called pricecut.co.uk. The company consists of 4 departments Human Resource, Finance, Sales and Admin.
In addition, the network consists of four Servers; web, email, dns, and common file server, which control and hold IoT information about temperature, door, sensors etc... All servers are shared between all users. Table 1 below describes the distribution of workstations for which the company administration team decided to provide a wireless accessible by all staff using their own wireless device such as smartphone to access the internet.
Analyse the requirements of this scenario evaluating suitable network model and components to design a network infrastructure featuring scalability, availability and security.
Based on your analysis, you are required to apply the appropriate configuration for the selected technologies. Also, discuss, evaluate and apply the necessary network monitoring tools and produce a suitable test and documentation for network maintenance.
Students must ensure that their work is satisfactory and fit for purpose, both academically and free from any plagiarism.
Students must use an appropriate coversheet, which must include the subject,assignment title, student ID and date-time.
Tutors, lecturers and module convenors do not have the authority to extend the submission deadlines nor the exam time/date. In case of any mitigating circumstances, students should fill in the relevant mitigating circumstances form(s) available at [email protected].
The marking of the assignment will be capped to 40% if the assignment is submitted within first 7 days after the deadline, any submission late than 7 days will be ignored. The submission file should be appropriate to the topic/title of the assignment and contain the student ID (Student ID-Assignment title).
All coursework related material must be attached in the appendices in the final coursework/assignment document, including any computer generated document, software/ code, simulation file etc.