How to write a Persuasive Essay on failing in exams?
When you need permission to win an argument with your views intact, it really takes quite some effort to convince others.The same applies when it comes to writing persuasive essays. You need to draft this carefully so that your readers, no matter how critical they are, agree with your viewpoint. If you have received a persuasive essay to write on failing in an exam, don’t panic. Use this guide to make the writing experience smooth as silk.
What is a persuasive essay?
Before you begin, it is very important to have a clear understanding of a persuasive essay. In this essay, the writer’s job is to make the readers agree with his/her viewpoint or stand on the topic. To write this essay, it is required to conduct good research, have knowledge of what biases the readers have, and understand all the sides of the problem. It should contain sound logic and there must be enough evidence or supporting data.
How to write a persuasive essay?
To begin writing a persuasive essay, you need to do the following:
- Take your stand– In the essay, you will write the whole content based on your position on the topic. For this, you should think carefully about the problem before selecting a side. Identify the slant that will help you to establish your argument. Also, be aware of the opposing arguments you might face. Think about the resolution you will provide in the end. For the topic, ‘failing in exams’, you can take the stance that does not mean the end of the world and can be easily avoided.
- Learn and understand the readers or audience– Before writing any kind of paper, it is necessary to understand who will read it. It is essential to understand how they will perceive the essay, if they will agree with your viewpoint, and what can be the possible reasons for which they can disagree. You should comprehend the reader’s perspective. You must see if the readers are undecided or biased enough to prefer one specific side.
- Conduct thorough research– To write a persuasive essay, you need to conduct extensive research. Without understanding the topic clearly, you cannot back up your agreement. Also, you need to conduct research on the opposing views as well. Without evaluating both the sides, you cannot present a strong argument.
However, when selecting sources for gathering data, evidence, example, etc., you need to be extra careful. Learn about the credible sources you can use. Check with your institution and select the sources you can use. Also, learn about the criteria for evaluating the credibility of any source. For example, your textbooks, any other text written by a renowned author, peer-reviewed journals are great sources for collecting information. On the other hand, any online source which has no author name or date, it should not be used as a source of information.
- Arranging the evidence– Once you have gathered all the information, you should organise them in a persuasive manner. You can choose to keep the strongest argument in the end, so that the reader doesn’t get any chance to have a doubt in mind.
How should you proceed with writing the persuasive essay?
Once the initial stages are over, you should proceed with the main part of writing the persuasive essay. It starts with creating the outline.
- Preparing an outline– Before you start writing your essay, you should always prepare an outline for the same. This will give you a roadmap for writing the essay and a logical structure will be present in it. This outline will include the three main components which are the introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion.
Here’s how you will draft these three sections:
You should give enough thought to writing the introduction and making it effective. Begin the introduction with a hook to grab the attention of your readers. For this, you can include a quote, statistics, or an example in the beginning. It should be something that will encourage your readers to continue reading.
Following this, include an overview of the argument you are making in the essay. Then, write a thesis statement. This sentence has many functions, so include your point of view or your argument regarding the topic. This will include all the aspects of your argument. However, keep it as brief and succinct as possible. You can always choose to write the thesis statement after writing the essay.
After you have written the thesis statement, tell the readers the way or by what means you are going to establish your argument. Alternatively, you can tell your readers how the essay will unfold.
End the introduction with a proper transition to the body paragraphs.
Here’s an example of how to write it:
Thomas Edison failed thousands of times before inventing the light bulb. Failing in exams can seem to be the end of everything for many. But, it isn’t. Almost 25% of high school freshmen do not graduate from high school at the right time in the US. However, failing in exams does not imply that the student is not capable. Failing in exams can be seen as the result of one’s bad habits that can be easily solved. In this essay, the bad habits that result in failing in exams are discussed. Additionally, how students can overcome these bad habits has also been presented.
II. Body Paragraphs
Each paragraph of the essay body should focus on each part of the thesis statement that backs up the argument. You should use facts or references to support the claim.
A body paragraph must begin with a topic sentence, an example or supporting evidence should be included. Lastly, explain how it supports the specific claim and connect back to the primary argument.
You should also define any difficult or unknown term clearly for the readers.
Here is a useful example of how to write the body paragraphs:
Starting late to prepare for exams is one bad habit that can lead to failure in exams. Researchers have found out in a study conducted in 2017 that 80-90% of students procrastinate regularly. Evidently, it is quite a common bad habit among students. It can take several months to get prepared for some special exams. Only when students practice for a considerable amount of time, they perfect their skills. This cannot be achieved overnight. When a task is postponed, he/she keeps on doing the same until it is too late. This leads to a rush in exam preparation that shows its effect on the marks. To get rid of this, the following techniques will work:
- Preparing a schedule
- Including study time in the calendar and follow it
- Getting rid of the idea that one can magically master the subject in one night
The second bad habit is to think that one does not need any extra help. Most students, especially international students face difficulty understanding the lessons taught in class. But, many do not bother to clear their doubts and think that they can solve it themselves. This is how doubts start to accumulate. Only before the exam does one understand that he/she is nowhere near understanding the subject or topic. To avoid such a situation, it is always essential to clear out any doubt on the spot. Also, taking help from others will make it much easier for the students to prepare for the exams.
Use the body paragraphs to include the views that oppose your argument. You can compose the body paragraphs of your essay following this structure.
You must end your essay that it leaves a great impression on the readers. Use the last paragraph of your essay to
- Rephrase your thesis statement or provide a summary of the major points
- Discuss the issue in a broader context
- End with any immediate action that must be taken
Here’s an example:
Failing in an exam does not show that a student is capable of achieving less. It is the result of prolonged bad habits, which need to change at the earliest. These habits can be easily gotten rid of to avoid failing in exams. History has taught us that many famous personalities have failed in exams. So, students don’t really need to blame themselves. Every student dealing with the fear of failing in exams should relax a little bit and prepare accordingly.
This way, you can end your persuasive essay and create a lasting impression on your readers.
Don’t forget to proofread and edit your essay before submitting it. Use this blog as a guide and start writing brilliant persuasive essays.
Hire the Experts of MyAssignmenthelp.com to Nail Your Persuasive Essay
Do you always try hard to write the perfect persuasive essay? If all your efforts fall short, then MyAssignmenthelp.com is where you should be. Our team consists of experts on persuasive essay. They can help you to write the best persuasive essay.
Whether you want to receive the highest score in the class or wish to meet the deadline every time, MyAssignmenthelp.com is where you need to come. We provide a one-stop solution for all your academic worries. Have a look at what you will get from us:
- High-quality essays
- Delivery at the right time
- More than100+ subjects are covered
- Plagiarism free work
- Error free content
- 24/7 available customer support
- Cheapest price
- Free SMS update
- Complete privacy guaranteed
- Safest payment option
- Unlimited reworks for a certain period of time
- Affordable price
Place an order at the earliest to enjoy academic success.