Want to study in Australia? It is not surprising at all. With a myriad of courses offered in the universities here, Australia ranks among the top three destinations for international students. But before you take a decision, you need to invest a huge amount of time in hunting down the details and credentials of the universities here. To make things easier for you, we have provided the detailed information of the 10 best universities of Australia.
Rank#1 University of Melbourne
Founded in the year 1853, University of Melbourne is the second oldest university in Australia. This educational institution is internationally recognized for its strong traditional excellence in teaching, research and research training and community engagement. The students who are pursuing degree programs at this university can enjoy the vibrant city life of Melbourne as it is ranked just after Paris in the best cities for students in the QS World University Rankings.
- For domestic students: $6,152 to $10,266 for full-time enrollment
- For international students: $89.5 to $105.9
- Business: 92.35
- Science: 92
- Arts: 92.35
This Australian university has produced several Nobel Laureates, including Sir Frank Macfarlane (pioneering immunologist) and Elizabeth Blackburn (Physiologist). Two of the chief justices of Australia, Sir Owen Dixon and Sir Frank Gavan Duffy are also alumni of this university. Among the other notables are:
- Sir John Behan, Australia’s 1st Rhodes Scholar
- Alfred Deakin, 2nd Prime Minister of Australia
- Julia Gillard, 27th Australian Prime Minister
- Lyn Allison, Former Member of the Australian Senate and Leader of the Australian Democrats
- Elizabeth Debicki, Actress.
Rank#2 University of Sydney
University of Sydney, Australia’s first university, was founded in 1850. With a rich diversity of courses, this university attracts students and researchers from various social and cultural backgrounds. With the strength of 50,000+ students, this education institution offers wide opportunities for personal development and cross-disciplinary study. The curriculum and courses of this university reflect the latest thinking and knowledge. Located at the heart of Australia’s largest international city, this university has become the most preferred option for international students.
- For domestic students: $6,152 to $10,266 for full-time enrollment
- For international students: $114.1 to $130.8
- Business: 91.35
- Science: 83
- Arts: 82
University of Sydney has alumni from various fields,
- Sikhanyiso Dlamini, Princess of Switzerland
- Sir Edmund Barton, 1st Prime Minister of Australia
- Sir Percy Spender, Former Judge of International Court of Justice
- Sir Samuel Griffith, Former Chief Justice of High Court of Australia
- Mark Scott, Managing Director of Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Fred Hilmer, Former Vice-Chancellor of University of South Wales
- James Wolfensohn, Former President of World Bank
Apart from these, this university has also produced several Nobel Laureates:
- Sir Robert Robinson, Chemistry, 1947
- Sir John Eccles, Medicine, 1963
- Sir Bernard Katz, Medicine, 1970
Rank#3 Australian National University (ANU),
Australian National University offers the most powerful computer system in Australia, modern laboratories, classrooms and lectures theatres and libraries to its students. Founded in the year 1946, this educational institution has all the needed facilities for students including a health center, optometrist, dentist, cafes, restaurants and excellent sporting ground. ANU is also recognized for offering a diverse and distinctive student exchange program with over 100 different institutions.
- For domestic students: $31,280 for full-time enrollment
- For international students: $83.7 to $96.0
- Business: 86
- Science: 80
- Arts: 80
- Rolf M. Zinkernagel, Nobel Prize Winner
- Kevin Rudd, Prime Minister of Australia, 2007 – 2010, 2013
- Ian Biggs, Former Australian Ambassador to Turkey
- Martin Indyk, Former United States Ambassador to Israel
- Stephen Gageler, Former Justice of High Court of Australia
- David Bradbury, Filmmaker
- Michael Byrne, Poet
- David Gallop, CEO of Football Federation Australia.
Rank#4 University of Queensland
University of Queensland is one of Australia’s finest higher education system which has produced more than 200,000 graduates since its foundation year, 1911. With the exceptional and wide range of study areas at graduate, undergraduate, and postgraduate, this university offers opportunities to students to gain practical examples and valuable connections to potential employers.
- For domestic students: $33,700 for full-time enrollment
- For international students: $55.8 to 68.8
- Business: 80.5
- Science: 78.35
- Arts: 72.7
- Edward Byrne, Former Principal of King’s College London and Vice-Chancellor of Monash University
- Jock R. Anderson, Former Agricultural Economist at World Bank
- Thea Astley, Writer and Four-time Miles Franklin Award Winner
- Geoffrey Rush, Academy Award Winner
- Robert Bell, Host of Channel 10 Program Scope
- Heather Foord, Journalist with Nine News
- Natalie Cook, Olympic Gold Medalist in Beach Volleyball
- David Theile, Olympic Gold Medalist in Swimming.
Rank#5 University of New South Wales
Established in 1949, this educational institution offers a broad range of unique teaching and learning program. Based in the eastern suburbs of Sydney, this university has become a preferred destination for best and brightest students from all corners of Australia as well as across the world. This university shares partnerships with both local and global communities with the purpose of creating an academic environment where students can excel in their fields.
- For domestic students: $32,967 for full-time enrollment
- For international students: $95.4 50 $131.5
- Business: 85
- Science: 84
- Arts: 82
- Douglas Draft, Former Coca-Cola CEO
- Roger Corbett, Chairman of the Reserve Bank of Australia
- Warwick McKibbin, Former Board of Directors of Reserve Bank of Australia
- Annabelle Bennet, Federal Court Judge
- Donald McDonald, Former Chairman of Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Glyn Davis, Former Vice-Chancellor of University of Melbourne
- David Gonski, Businessman, Former Chancellor of UNSW
- George Miller, Movie Producer and Director
- Jane Saville, 2004 Summer Olympic Medalist.
Rank#6 Monash University
Monash University is recognized as the second oldest university in the state of Victoria, and largest in Australia in terms of student body size. Along with seven local and international campuses, Monash University boasts international centers in China, Italy and India. This educational institution is recognized as the home to the best research facilities. Moreover, this university also shares links with various governmental and non-governmental organizations and businesses to gain relevant information to upgrade their offerings and courses.
- For domestic students: $33,289 for full-time enrollment
- For international students: $80.6 to $118.5
- Business: 82.25
- Science: 83.6
- Arts: 80
- Michael Luscombe, Former CEO, Woolsworths Limited
- Tracey Fellows, CEO of REA Group
- Dr Anthony Collins, President of Clarkson University
- Professor Valentino Stella, Professor of University of Kansas, US
- Jon Faine, Melbourne Radio Presenter
- Richard Henderson, CEO and Creative Director of R-Co.
Rank#7 University of Western Australia (UWA)
Founded in the year of 1911, this Australian university is recognized for its broad research and teaching profile across a wide range of disciplines. This educational institution offers best possible opportunities to the students to pursue their academic desires and excel in their respective fields. This university strives to achieve excellence and high quality in all its activities and standards.
- For domestic students: $32,871 for full-time enrollment
- For international students: $92.6 to $96.9
- Business: 85.85
- Science: 80
- Arts: 80
- Rod Eddington, Former CEO British Airways
- Micheal Chaney, Former CEO of Wesfarmers
- John A. Hay, Vice-chancellor of University of Queensland
- Ken Michael, Former Governor of Western Australia
- Herbert Cole Coombs, First Governor of Reserve Bank of Australia
- Barry Marshall, Physician, 2005 Nobel Prize Winner
- Rachel Kum, Miss Singapore 2009.
Rank#8 University of Adelaide
Australia’s one of the oldest and prestigious institutions, University of Adelaide boasts international reputation for the quality of education it provides to its students. It has one of the best student-to-staff ratios among all Australian universities with the purpose of providing individual attention to the students. Employers all around the world recognize University of Adelaide’s degrees and prefer to work with its students. With four campuses, Adelaide offers modern resources and equipments to its students so that students can excel in their respective fields.
- For domestic students: $31,012 for full-time enrollment
- For international students: $73.5 to $87.7
- Business: 80
- Science: 70
- Arts: 70
This university has produced several Nobel Laureates:
- William Lawrence Bragg, Physics, 1915
- Howard Florey, Physiology or Medicine, 1945
- Robin Warren, Physiology or Medicine, 2005
Apart from Nobel recipients, this university also boasts few national leaders like:
- Julia Gillard, 27th Prime Minister of Australia, First Female Prime Minister of Australia
- Ong Teng Cheong, 5th Prime Minister of Singapore
- Tony Tan Keng Yam, 7th Prime Minister of Singapore.
Other notable alumni are:
- Andy Thomas, First Australian-born Professional Astronaut to Enter Space
- David Penberthy, Editor-in-chief, The Daily Telegraph
- Anette Edmonson, Bronze Medal Winner at 2012 Summer Olympics.
Rank#9 Macquarie University
Started its journey in 1967, Macquarie University boasts outstanding academic achievements and high quality research facilities. It is recognized as one of the most modern, sophisticated, cosmopolitan leading education provider in Australia. With the emphasis on innovation, this educational institution offers industry relevant degree that allows students to gain excellence in their respective fields.
- For domestic students: $29,544 for full-time enrollment
- For international students, $80.5 to $94.5
- Business: 82.35
- Science: 75
- Arts: 75
- Barry Book, Australian Climate Scientist and Academician at University of Tasmania
- Ghassan Hage, Anthropologist and Academician at University of Melbourne
- George Williams, Human Rights Activist and Academic at University or South Wales
- Pat Michie, Australian Neurologist and Academician at Newcastle University
- Peter Bush, Former CEO of McDonald’s Australia
- David Murray, Former CEO of Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Catherine Livingstone, President of Business Council of Australia.
Rank#10 University of Wollongong
University of Wollongong boasts a record of achievements in teaching and research. Located in a wonderful setting, this university offers a diverse natural view to the students who intend to attend it. The staff and students coming from diverse culture and background make this place a cultural potpourri. This university boasts unique and innovative teaching methods, encouraging students and staff to put their excellence. This university strives to elevate students experience and understand each student has unique dream: learn about it and help them to fulfill it.
- For domestic students: $24,887 for full time enrollment
- For international students: $72.0 to $92.7
- Business: 75
- Science: 75
- Arts: 75
According to QS University Rankings, this university claimed the 99th position in the world for graduate employability. Eminent alumni are:
- Glenn Barkley, Former Director of Museum of Contemporary Art, Sydney
- Kate Bell, Actor
- Staf Dawson, Actress
- Dr Alex Zelinsky, Chief Defense Scientist of Australia
- Lynne Williams, CEO and Director of NIDA
- Stephen Jones, Member of Parliament
- Julienne Van Loon, Novelist.
(Source: Australian Education Network, Academic Ranking of World Universities)
Take expert help from MyAssignmenthelp.com to elevate the quality of your academic writing
Do you intend to write a paper from scratch? But you are racing against time or lacking interest in the subject. Here is a solution to all your assignments problems. Hire MyAssignmenthelp.com writers to accomplish all your academic tasks.
If you are studying in a university/college, you are likely to be overburdened with several assignments that need your immediate attention. Due to lack of time, grades are slipping through your fingers. But we won’t let that happen to you. Our vast range of assignment writing services supports you to complete your assignments of any type. Most students crave for external help when they are asked to present quality papers after conducting intrigued research. MyAssignmenhelp.com understands every student has its own strengths and weaknesses. So it offers every type of assignment help.
No matter whether you are pursuing your high school degree, college degree or even university degree, MyAssignmenthelp.com is capable of helping you at any level. With the strength of 3000+ experts who boast expertise in 100 disciplines, it is diligent to assist you in academic writing. You are guaranteed to receive quality assignment help on any subject of your interest.
You can stay assured that your personal details will not be revealed to any third party. To secure the process of transferring personal data, we use the most reliable option of all (PayPal).
- 1 in customer satisfaction:
MyAssignmenthelp.com believes in customer satisfaction, and the only way to achieve is by providing best quality assignment help to the students. We have a revision policy in place to exclude the chances of any dissatisfaction. If you are not satisfied after getting assignment help, you can always request for free amendments from our experts.