Create two folders: one for data and one for backup
1. Create 2 folders on your USB key—one folder for the data file and one for your backup file. Thecompany name is White Ridge Construction.
2. Download the Assignment data file named WhiteRidgeConstruction-Assgnt1.QBW from FOL,saving the file in the correct folder.
3. Start QuickBooks and open the company file WhiteRidgeConstruction-Assgnt1.QBW.
4. Personalize your copy of the assignment file by completing the following steps:
a. Click Company on the Menu bar and then click Company Information at the drop-downmenu.
b. Edit the name in the Company Name text box to: Your Name – White Ridge Construction.
c. Click OK. All reports you produce will now be identified with your name at the top of thepage.
5. Add the following new customers in the Customer Centre:
a. Add yourself as a customer (make sure to enter your last name first in the Customer Nametext box). Make up fictitious address information and telephone numbers. Ship to nameshould be your name when copying the information from the “Invoice To” to the “ShipTo”. Set your terms as 2% 10 Net 30 and assign a credit limit of 15,000.00. Your preferredpayment method is Cheque.