Performing an External Analysis
You are Rhonda Kellman, former co-founder of the Boston Beer Company and recent founderof Moonshot Beer. It is clear that your first attempt at starting up the company was fraughtwith problems, as you failed to perform even the most basic of business principles such aspatenting your idea and researching your industry.Pretend that we travel back to the start of Moonshot Beer – you now miraculously have asecond chance to make things right. Please provide the following information by doing theappropriate research (use present day numbers):
1) Perform an external analysis of Moonshot Beer, including
a. PEST analysis, to identify what external items might impact your business andhow
b. Plot a perceptual map of the United States beer industry, using twocharacteristics that consumers think are most important (research this)
2) Choose your target market
a. Segment the consumer market and choose your specific target market forMoonshot. Be as descriptive as possible about your target market, and explainwhy you made your decisions (also please describe any assumptions you made).
3) What is the size of your target market?
a. This would be the number of potential consumers who fit within thecharacteristics of your target market. You can find this through research.
4) If each potential consumer in your target market purchased one bottle of Moonshot at$5, how much revenue will you make?Note: Pretend that the law forbidding any product with alcohol/caffeine (including yourproduct) does not exist.
Formatting:Title Page with name, professor, course name; 1” margins; 12 pt font; professional layout MLAstyle (including internal citations and a works cited page).
1) Completeness and correctness: did you address each of the above 4 sections completelyand correctly? [20 marks]
2) Quality of Research: did you do enough research, and was it the rightresearch? [15 marks]
3) Formatting/Professionalism: did you follow instructions properly