Here are 5 essay questions to consider when preparing for your final exam. THREE questions from this list will constitute your final exam. You will respond to 2 of the 3 questions provided on the test.
1. In the documentary “Behind the Veil”, we learned how gender distinctions manifest within the religious institution of the Catholic church. Describe 3 ways that the lives of Nuns within the Catholic church mirror the lives of women in Western culture.
2. Consider the cycle of violence within intimate partnerships. How does the cycle of violence reify traditional gender stereotypes? How might this reflect the dynamics of co-dependency?
3. Describe and explain 3 ways that friendships amongst peoples across a broad spectrum of gender/sexual identities is beneficial to individuals and cultures.
4. Consider the impact of media on the creation and maintenance of gendered identities. Describe and explain 3 ways that gender distinctions are reified through the media. How is this reification complicated by issues of intersectionality?
5. When we consider the gendered workplace, we become aware of how women’s work is tied to emotional labour and the politics of care while men’s work is concerned with physical and intellectual labour. Discuss 3 examples from your readings on July 13 that support the view that the workplace is gendered.
AP HREQ 1920 Male/female relationships
Answer in Detail
Solved by qualified expert
Page 1 of 17
16 More Pages to Come in This Document. Get access to the complete answer.