Students can't be Wrong!
GET BEST GRADE, ORDER NOW
Cox Ingersoll Ross Model
Definition of Cox Ingersoll Ross Model
Cox–Ingersoll–Ross model is one of the important models in short rate model; it is implemented to describe the evolution of interest rates. This model can be interpreted by mathematical formula, which model the movement of interest rate driven by a sole source of market risk.
- In CIR model’s calculations that a square root diffusion model stands for short-term interest rates with a mean reversion. The usage of the CIR model is widely implemented on the valuation of interest rate derivatives.
- The advantage of the CIR model is interest counted as positive after the calculations, (≥ 0), with probability 1. This is considered as the biggest convenience of CIR model.
- This model was first introduced by John C. Cox, Jonathan E. Ingersoll and Stephen A. Ross in 1985, and this model is the outcome of Vasicek Interest Rate model.
Books on Cox Ingersoll Ross Model
Statistics of Financial Markets: An Introduction By Jürgen Franke, Wolfgang Karl Härdle, Christian Matthias Hafner (published by Springer Science & Business Media, 2010)
Financial Derivatives in Theory and Practice By Philip Hunt, Joanne Kennedy (Published by John Wiley and Sons, 2004)
How Cox Ingersoll Ross Model works?
Here are a few practical examples, with which the idea of Cox–Ingersoll–Ross model will be defined,
- Cox–Ingersoll–Ross model is administered to evaluate the chronological development of bonds return depending on the time of maturity, the model start with identifying the one or more factors to assist the structure to assist to determine term structure, in this model the through specification of the dynamic model with specific expectation hypothesis, we can obtain a explicit solution for the returns.
- As a practical example, suppose the price of the zero coupon bond with the nominal value of 1 EUR is interpreted as PT(t) at time t, at the maturity date T, the security has no dividend payments that entitled to pay 1 EUR, YT(t) tell the value of the log return of the zero coupon bond. W is assumed as continuous compounding hold, the yield of maturity is referred as YT(t),
As the CIR factor is widely used to determine the short rates, the CIR model specifies the dynamic of the short rate as the continuous stochastic process,
How MyAssignmentHelp.com will be helpful in Cox–Ingersoll–Ross model topics?
MyAssignmentHelp.com has facilities to offer the students the dynamics to pursue this finance subject with efficiency if you think you lack the skills in writing assignments, and then you will be provided suitable assistance in order to exceed your goals in essay and dissertation writing. Homework can be a tricky job to do when it comes down to finance subjects; MyAssignmentHelp.com can help you on this.
Other services provided by MyAssignmentHelp.com students for US, UK and Australia students
Many students from various parts of the world have been satisfied by the services of MyAssignmentHelp.com, you can also be the next beneficiary of the MyAssignmentHelp.com online assignment help if you face the problem in writing assignments. Homework help will be provided to students who are struggling to finish their homework, if you want custom help on essay and dissertation writing, essay writing help and dissertation writing services are offered.