Definition of Word of Mouth
Word of Mouth is defined as the passing of information from one person to another by means of oral communication. Viva Voce is another name for Word of Mouth. The abbreviation for Word of Mouth is WOM.
In general marketing concepts, WOM involves the passing of information from a non-commercial communicator to a receiver who is concerned with the service, idea or product. WOM that is passed through the means of electronic platforms is known as eWOM alias Electronic Word of Mouth. The eWOM can be any information that consumers can spread through Internet platforms like social networks or news feeds regarding a product, service or a brand. If the sender of WOM communication is provided with payment then, this procedure can be known as WOM Marketing. This marketing is dependent on additional credibility of person-to-person communication and recommendation.
Textbooks on Word of Mouth
Word of Mouth is an age old format of marketing, but marketers need to keep improvising on this instant marketing technique. This is possible if they refer to relevant textbooks regarding WOM Marketing, whose details have been stated as follows:
- The Anatomy of Buzz: How to Create Word of Mouth Marketing by Emanuel Rosen (Published by Crown Publishing Group – Year 2002).
- Word of Mouth Marketing: How Smart Companies Get People Talking contributed by Guy Kawasaki and Seth Godin (Published by Greenleaf Book Group Press – Year 2012).
Examples of Word of Mouth
Example 1: An interesting example of Word of Mouth Marketing is Story Telling. This WOM Marketing involves improvisation of storytelling regarding a product or service. Here, stories or even narratives have been shared by marketers as a means of entertainment and even education regarding a particular product or service brand. This form of WOM Marketing may consist of oral narration, music event, rock show or even dance program to publicize the brand among the masses.
Example 2: Another interesting example of Word of Mouth Marketing can be EWOM alias Electronic Word of Mouth Marketing. As per this marketing technique, people especially marketers spread a message or an entire marketing campaign regarding a product or service brand among numerous people through social Internet platforms like social networks or digital marketing platforms like video sites.
How MyAssignmentHelp.com Writers can help regarding Word of Mouth?
The talented marketing writers at MyAssignmentHelp.com are experts in providing students with help material based on the topic of Word of Mouth Marketing in the following ways:
- Our marketing writers are experts to help students during their essay work or dissertation project based on WOM Marketing issues such as Oral Communication.
- Our marketing writers can assist students in their assignment completion or homework related to WOM Marketing topics like eWOM.
Other services provided by MyAssignmentHelp.com students from nations like US, UK and Australia apart from Assignment Topics like Word of Mouth
Apart from WOM Marketing material, our marketing writers at MyAssignmentHelp.com can provide other writing services to students as follows:
- We help students through online assignment help or even custom essay help regarding Marketing issues like Marketing Webinars.
- We assist students through dissertation writing service or even homework help regarding Marketing topics like White Papers.