The assessment task is aligned with the Learning outcomes which are specified in the Module description:
1. Examine and appraise change management theories, concepts and frameworks both within different international contexts and from various cultural perspectives
2. Evaluate how individuals and organisations exploit and manage risk and uncertainty
3. Recognise the critical role played by managers in creativity and change
4. Explain how to manage change through a participative approach
5. Diagnose complex management and organisational problems relating to the management of change
6. Generate and evaluate alternative courses of action to address such problems
7. Demonstrate awareness of their personal skills and attributes in relation to leading change situations
8. Interact better within a team/learning/professional group; recognise, support or be proactive in leadership; negotiate in a professional context, manage conflict; and identify where they need to improve further
9. Explain organisational change in a professional way, either in writing or verbally, using evidence and building an argument using appropriate theories/concepts, models and tools
10. Understand better what is meant by ‘learning how to learn’; and the connection between learning, change and flexibility/adaptability both at an individual and organisational level
Identifying a leader of your choice, analyse and evaluate how they are leading the change process and reflect on the lessons business leaders might take from their experience.
Drawing on the diary record of your participation in seminars, lectures, group work and engagement generally with the module, write a 1,000-word reflective essay that provides a synthesis of what you have learnt about yourself and which gives some insight into your likely personal capacity to act as a change agent (to lead and manage change).