• Completing the Business Strategy Game (BSG) is a pre-requisite for undertaking the Business Strategy Reflective Report.
• The Assessment is an individual reflective strategy report that assesses the student’s active participation and outcomes achieved on the Business Strategy Game.
Produce an individual 3,000 word Reflective Business Strategy Report, following your active participation in the BSG:
1. Evaluate the major strategic decisions made during the six-round BSG simulation. Reflect on one round that stood out, why and key lessons learnt.
2. Reflect on relevant theoretical frameworks applicable to understanding the internal, external and competitive environments of your business; and discuss how these frameworks helped in shaping decisions made in your BSG.
3. Critically evaluate the impact of ONE specific emerging technology on the future of your business and make useful recommendations to future managers.
4. Present a high standard and professional reflective report.
To pass this assignment you must satisfactorily complete all elements of the reflective report as prescribed in the Report Structure – Please refer to the report structure in the assessment & assessment guidelines on VLE. Effectively, your reflective report must demonstrate:
• Your active participation in the BSG, which is the essence of the reflective report.
• Your ability to reflect on decisions and lessons learnt from outcomes.
• Your applicable knowledge of theoretical frameworks relevant to strategy formulation.
• The awareness of emerging technologies and their impact to business operations.
• The ability to use Harvard referencing correctly.