1.Demonstrate the following knowledge and understanding
- Recognise, organise and manage the process of researching and analysing corporate social responsibility and marketing ethics in the context of the global market environment and its environmental (legal, political, technological, and sociocultural) constraints.
2.Demonstrate the following skills and abilities
- Apply different ethical frameworks and theories to critically assess ethical issues and present and evaluate key assumptions.
What am I required to do in this assignment?
You will be required to research and produce TWO 500 word fully referenced essays applying critical reasoning to discussion of ethics and PR and ethics and CSR.
You can use case studies discussed in the class or find examples of your own. For the referral: please choose different examples from the main assessment
What do I need to do to pass? (Threshold Expectations from UIF)
- Demonstrate an awareness of CSR and business ethics concepts, theories and frameworks and use them to underpin your analysis
- Examine the context of your chosen CSR topic and think broadly and creatively on how it is impacting businesses.
- Critically examine, explain and discuss the key assumptions you make in developing your arguments
- Analyse, structure, and present your data in an organised concise way
How do I produce high quality work that merits a good grade?
We will be filling this section in together in class on Click or tap to enter a date. make sure you have downloaded/printed out the Assignment Brief and bring it to the session with you.
How does assignment relate to what we are doing in scheduled sessions?
We will be investigating issues around a range of aspects relevant to business ethics and CSR, with a particular focus on cross-cultural and cross-national differences. The main purpose of Assessment 1 is to give you the opportunity to relate principles, theories, and key issues you have developed through lectures and seminars with a real-life aspect of business ethics and CSR. It also helps you to develop your skills in evaluating and commenting on business ethics/CSR approaches in specific companies.
How will my assignment be marked?
Your assignment will be marked according to the threshold expectations and the criteria on the following page.
You can use them to evaluate your own work and consider your grade before you submit.