This assignment is designed to assess learning outcomes: 1, 2 & 3.
This assignment requires you to produce a 2000-word essay on your proposed solution to a challenge presented by one of the UN Sustainable Development goals. A good essay should clarify the development challenge by providing a clear problem statement. It should also identify whether an opportunity exists using the DIFA criteria and justify how this business opportunity can achieve the sustainable development goal.
1.Critically evaluate key theoretical concepts underpinning technological change, innovation and entrepreneurship shaped by organisational, economic and social factors.
2. Explore and synthesize various optionsin technology/innovation policy and how these reflect different criteria used by different global stakeholders and entrepreneurs.
3. Critically analyze the individual characteristics and social forces associated with entrepreneurs and innovators, and the skills required to be an entrepreneur/innovator, how these can contribute to entrepreneurial success or failure.
How to submit your assessment
The assessment must be submitted in PDF format by 18:00:00 on 08/04/2020. No paper copies are required. You can access the submission link through the module web.
• Your coursework will be given a zero mark if you do not submit a copy through Turnitin. Please take care to ensure that you have fully submitted your work.
• All work submitted after the submission deadline without a valid and approved reason (see below) will be given a mark of zero.
• The University wants you to do your best. However we know that sometimes events happen which mean that you can’t submit your coursework by the deadline – these events should be beyond your control and not easy to predict. If this happens, you can apply for an extension to your deadline for up to two weeks, or if you need longer, you can apply for a deferral, which takes you to the next assessment period (for example, to the resit period following the main Assessment Boards). You must apply before the deadline.
You will find information about the process and what is or is not considered to be an event beyond your control
• Students MUST keep a copy and/or an electronic file of their assignment.
• Checks will be made on your work using anti-plagiarism software and approved plagiarism checking websites.
Development goal. There is a clear link between the problem and the solution and there is evidence that the student has empathised with the consumer/ end user for whom the solution has been designed. Student may also present a prototype of the idea/ opportunity.
Opportunity will achieve the sustainable development goal. The link between the problem and the solution could be clearer but there is good evidence that the student has empathised with the consumer/ end user for whom the solution has been designed.
Business opportunitywill achieve the sustainable development goal. The link between the problem and the solution is unclear and the solution may not be fully designed to fit the consumer group identified.
Achievement of the sustainable development goal. How the problem isbeing solved is not well articulated but there is evidence that the student considered the consumer needs/ wants in designing the solution.