This Assignment assesses the following module Learning Outcomes (from Definitive Module Document):
LO1: have a knowledge and understanding of the complex problems and issues arising when mobility occurs in networks. LO2: have a knowledge and deep understanding of the complex problems and issues arising when network applications have different quality of service requirements.
LO3: be able to discuss and critically evaluate protocols intended to solve problems or address new applications that arise in mobile networking.
LO4: be able to articulate and critically evaluate protocols intended to solve complex problems or address new applications that arise in multimedia networking.
Write a python script to emulate the following environment. Completion of this task will require the knowledge and understanding of the lab material and will require extra knowledge that can be obtained through self-study and research. The topology should be as the following illustration.
The illustrated topology in consists of 6 access points and 4 stations. The stations can represent a smart hand-held device which can vary from to a laptop, UE or to any WiFi compatible device. The topology above should be pushed towards the Mininet API using a python script with the following information and criteria.Please adhere to the mentioned settings and configurations and deviating from the given settings may reduce the full marks given.
- Create a UDP connection between the assigned server and the assigned client using the given port_number. The UDP connection must transmit data for 600s.
- Collect Jitter and Packet loss from the UDP transfer. Deliverable:
- Python script that you utilized to push the configurations towards the Mininet-WiFi
- Commands employed for UDP client and server
- Calculate total Packet Loss and Average Packet Loss -- Provide evidence of packet loss prompt from UDP transfer in your appendix
- Calculate total Jitter and Average Jitter – -- Provide evidence of packet loss prompt from UDP transfer in your appendix
- Provide an analysis for your collected Packet Loss and Jitter in adhoc networks with regards to the wireless networks. Which network performed better? Why? Provide a detailed analysis. You may use additional references.
Write a python script to illustrate the following topology with SDN Controller (ONOS) available to you. The controller Completion of this task will require the knowledge and understanding of the lab material and
- Create a TCP connection between the Server and the assigned client using the given port_number. The TCP connection must transmit data for 1024MB.
- Collect TCP traffic from Wireshark.
- Collect TCP Packets
- Collect TCP Flagged Packets
- Calculate TCP Success Rate (Provide evidence of TCP packets and TCP Flagged Packets)
- Create a Multicasting Video Stream using the given video between the assigned two clients and the Server
- Produce the UDP throughput graph
- Python file used to push instructions towards Mininet
- Commands configuring the route between the Server and assigned two clients
- Screenshot of pingall
- Commands used for TCP connection
- TCP throughput graph
- Screenshots configuring Multicasting video stream in VLC
- Screenshots of the Multicasting video stream in VLC
- UDP throughput graph from the video stream
- Provide an analysis into Multicasting in networking and its advantages