This assessment contributes towards the achievement of the following stated module Learning Outcomes as highlighted below:
1. Develop frameworks to judge the potential of a high-potential business concept
2. Understand the difference between a true opportunity and just another "neat" idea.
Assessment Brief and Requirements
This 3,000 word coursework requires you to undertake business model, market and competitor analysis to assess the potential of an early-stage business start-up that has demonstrated product/market fit. To do so you must select a business from EITHER:
1. The 2021 Wired Magazine "Hot 100” list of European Startups : https://www.wired.co.uk/article/europe-hottest-startups-2021
2. Startups funded the UCL Technology Fund at: https://www.ucltf.co.uk/portfolio
For your chosen business you are required to:
1. Document, analyse and critique their business model(s) using an appropriate business model canvas
2. Undertake Macro Market and Macro Industry analyses to analyse the competitive and market landscape
3. Perform a SWOT analysis of the business
4. Summarise your conclusions regarding the overall attractiveness of the opportunity along with any recommendations for mitigation or exploitation of factors identified in your analysis.
5. (Level Student 7 students only) Reflect on the utility of tools and frameworks in the context of your chosen opportunity (*additional 1000 word allowance)
As you develop your individual analysis of your selected opportunity we will require you to share your findings and insights with other students in your class.
Within each section of this assessment you may be assessed on the following aspects, as applicable and appropriate to this assessment, and should thus consider these aspects when fulfilling the requirements of each section:
• The accuracy of any calculations required.
• The strengths and quality of your overall analysis and evaluation;
• Appropriate use of relevant theoretical models, concepts and frameworks;
• The rationale and evidence that you provide in support of your arguments;
• The credibility and viability of the evidenced conclusions/recommendations/plans of action you put forward;
• Structure and coherence of your considerations and reports.
MSIN0144 Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice
Answer in Detail
Solved by qualified expert
Page 1 of 12
11 More Pages to Come in This Document. Get access to the complete answer.