1. Assess the development of marketing in creating value for customers. Through doing so, suitable academic theory and industry
2. Identify relevant stakeholders and assess their examples should be used in support of the discussion. impact on the marketing activities of the organisation.
Write an INDIVIDUAL essay providing a critical analysis and evaluation of the following:
• The role of marketing in creating value for customers.
• Stakeholder engagement and their impact on the marketing activities of an organisation You should use suitable academic theory and industry examples to support your discussion.
GUIDANCE FOR STUDENTS IN THE COMPLETION OF TASKS
1. Research-informed Literature
Your work must be informed and supported by scholarly material that is relevant to and focused on the task(s) set. You should provide evidence that you have accessed a wide range of sources, which may be academic, governmental and industrial; these sources may include academic journal articles, textbooks, current news articles, organisational documents, and websites. You should consider the credibility of your sources; academic journals are normally highly credible sources while websites require careful consideration/selection and should be used sparingly. Any sources you use should be current and up to date, typically published within the last five years or so, though seminal works in the field may be older. You must provide evidence of your research/own reading throughout your work, using in-text citations in the main body of your work and a reference list that is alphabetical at the end of your work.
1.Please use the Harvard referencing system.
Specific to this assignment: You should show a wide level of reading, a minimum of 14 references, from a variety of sources including textbooks, academic journals and academic based websites. You must reference Kotler & Armstrong 15th/16th edition as your primary source for theory..
2. Knowledge and Understanding of Subject
Your work must demonstrate the growing extent of your knowledge and understanding of concepts and underlying principles associated with the subject area. Knowledge relates to the facts, information and skills you may have acquired through your learning. You must demonstrate your understanding by interpreting the meaning of facts and information (knowledge). This means that you need to select and include in your work the concepts, techniques, models, theories, etc appropriate to the task set. You should be able to explain the theories, concepts, etc meaningfully to show your understanding. Your mark/grade will also depend upon the extent to which you demonstrate your knowledge and understanding; ideally each should be complete and detailed, with comprehensive coverage.
Your work must contain evidence of logical, analytical thinking, evaluation and synthesis. For example, to examine and break information down into parts, make inferences, compile, compare and contrast information. This means not just describing What!, but also justifying: Why? How? When? Who? Where? At all times, you must provide justification for your arguments and judgements. Evidence that you have reflected upon the ideas of others within the subject area is crucial to you providing a reasoned and informed debate within your work. Furthermore, you should provide evidence that you are able to make sound judgements and convincing arguments using data and concepts. Sound, valid conclusions are necessary and must be derived from the content of your work. There should be no new information presented within your conclusion. Where relevant, alternative solutions and recommendations may be proposed.
Skills for Professional Practice
Your work must provide evidence of your attributes in the application of professional practice. This includes demonstrating that you are highly capable of individual and collaborative working. You must communicate effectively in a suitable format, which may be written and/or oral, for example, essay, management report, presentation. Work should be coherent and well-structured in presentation and organisation. Specific to this assignment: Your essay needs to be fully referenced. Please consult the referencing guides available online or in the library. Use 12 Times New Roman or 11 Arial, 1.5 line spacing. Number your pages. The essay should not be longer than 3000 words.
• Resources listed on the lecture schedule and on Moodle
• The student handbook
1.Extent of research and/or own reading, selection of credible sources, application of appropriate referencing conventions.
2. Knowledge and Understanding of Subject 25 Extent of knowledge and understanding of concepts and underlying principles associated with thediscipline.
3. Analysis 20 Analysis, evaluation and synthesis; logic, argument and judgement; analytical reflection; organisation of ideas and evidence
4. Practical Application and Deployment 20 Deployment of methods, materials, tools and techniques; application of concepts; formulation of innovative and creative solutions to solve problems.
5. Skills for Professional Practice 10 Attributes in professional practice: individual and collaborative working; deployment of appropriate media; presentation and organisation.