Save Time & improve Grade
Just share requirement and get customized Solution.
10 Tips on How to Write an Assignment for University
The type of writing intended in assignments for university differs widely from the assignments at school or college. University assignments follow a significant structure and writing pattern that has no similarity to the ones that has been done previously. The assignments are written in persuasive language with a formal tone. Each assignment should be presented with an argument, supported by adequate evidences and facts that reflect the genuine efforts of the student. Here are some good assignment writing tips.
Types of University Assignments
Academic projects in university encompass wide range of assignments. Students are expected to encounter each of the different types of university assignments throughout the period of post graduation degree.The various types of university assignments are considered in details below:
- Customized essay
- Research proposals
- Case studies
- Reflective writing
- Term paper
Important factors to consider
Writing an academic assignment for university is not an easy task as it seems. The students should consider the following key points while writing the university assignments:
- Purpose- Make sure to demonstrate the rationale for the topic you are intended to frame an assignment on. Outline the critical areas, key aspects and objectives in order to comprehend the assignment to the reader.
- Audience- While writing your assignment,make sure to connect well with the reader. Impart genuine efforts to convince the reader by substantial evaluation of arguments. Place your self as a reader and make relevant changes.
- Language- University assignment is an academic piece of writing and accepts academic tone of writing. Use simple and articulate vocabulary than being fancy in your paper.
- Structure- Assignments for university varies according to the academic discipline and tasks. Each assignment follows a significant format that does not overlap with one another. Make sure to carry out the specific format of tasks specified by the professor.
10 Tricks to Write your University Assignments Effectively
It is not surprising that students new to university feel hesitant while writing their first assignment. However, a successful assignment can be produced on knowing what is expected from the given task. Needless to say, well-written assignments cannot be crafted overnight; rather it needs to be accomplished through proper planning and pre-writing stages. We highlight 10 good assignment writing tips to carry out your assignments for university.
1. Plan your time
Preparing top-quality assignments is a time-consuming task. Draw a timeline for the key stages in order to make your task measurable. Frame significant time period for each of the tasks shown below: The key tasks that should be included in the timeline are the following:
- Allot considerable time to research and find information
- Read the topics and collect information on which you are intended to write the assignment
- Group, sort and order the information gathered within the stipulated time frame
- Now it’s time to develop your first writing draft
- On the very next stage, redraft and prepare your final version
- Assign significant time to plan the references
- Compile the references in the list
- The last task will consider editing and proofreading of your written material.
Moreover, you can save considerable time by planning the assignments as soon you receive the course information.
2. Collect information
A good way to start gathering information for the given task is to revisit your tutorial or lecture notes and course materials. While searching for information, make sure to find the key concepts, principles, ideas andtheories that would relate well to the assignment topic. We help you extend your research beyond the tutorials and lecture notes in the following ways:
- Take a tour of your university library or contact the librarian for better reference.
- Make sure to use information from reputable and authoritative source publishers. Avoid using websites such as Wikipedia or encyclopedia where most of the resources are unreliable.
- Consider journal articles over textbooks. Textbooks are useful for gathering a general overview and consume a lot of time. On the other hand, journals are updated and have particular focus on the topic.
- Identify key authors for the topic you are preparing the assignment on. Check out their databases and find out what innovative arguments they have discussed on your topic.
- Be sure of the number of sources that you are asked to implement by the instructor. Students are often found to over research and get submerged in a mountain of information while finding ways to deal with the assignment.
3. Read the collected information
Read and make notes while you prepare to write the assignment. Keep in mind the information you are looking for and the purpose of it. Do not indulge in undirected reading that not only consumes time but also keep you away from productive activities. Here we focus on some basic tips that will help you manage your reading load and assist you in making notes.
- Start reading the information selectively and avoid understanding everything included in the material. Read the selective parts that are needed in the assignment and understand the background.
- By understanding the background of topic, gain an overview of what is intended in the imminent paragraphs
- Now proceed with a critical approach and start reading the information with an enquiring mind. Be open to different perspectives on the argument and avoid accepting concepts and opinions as universal truths.
- There is no point proceeding the reading session unless you understand what the author has intended to say. Stop in between and ask questions to yourself. Re-read the texts if you find it hard to comprehend. Do not forget to clarify your understanding with your batch mates or lecturer for better outcome.
4. Make notes
- Once you start finding keyideas and concepts, start taking notes of it
- Don’t waste time copying the chunks of texts, rather summarize the ideas in your words
- Make sure you do not change the actual meaning while altering the phrase.
- Make notes of reference details that include, name of publisher, place and date of publication etc. Tracking down the details later may consume a lot of time.
5. Interpret the topic or assignment questions
Try to interpret the complex questions of your assignments in the following ways.
- Analyze the topic in-depth, identifying all relevant issues
- Assess the issues and identify its cause and effects, strengths and weaknesses, implications and impacts
- Analyze all the issues with acontrasting and comparing approach. This helps you to evaluate their features in common and areas of diverge
- Treat the questions and issues in an analytical way and evaluate them critically
- Define and clarify issues with proper illustrations of examples.
6. Establish the thesis statement
Thesis statement defines the goal statement of the assignment. A thesis statementis the central proposition of the assignment that successfully captures the reader’s attention.
- The thesis statement should be provided in the introduction that explicitly states the conclusion of the assignment question
- It gives an analytical tone to the assignment
- Establish the thesis statement to present substantial evidences and reasoning
- All of the arguments must support and relate to the thesis statement.
7. Start with Introduction
Introduction is the key aspect that leads the reader into further discussion. Follow the below mentioned points in order to make the introduction concise with precise focus on the issue.
- Introduce brief context for the questions highlighted in the assignment
- Clearly state the purpose or goal statement of the assignment
- Avoid repeating the assignment questions
- Advance the importance of topic to persuade the reader
- Present a clear argument or thesis statement that would indicate the scope of discussions
- Present a transition to the imminent discussion.
After outlining the assignment in the introduction part, make your way to construct a cohesive discussion. Arrange all necessary points in a logical order by following the direction given below.
- Present your arguments with sound reasoning in relation to the theories present in pre-existing literatures
- The discussion should be segmented into a series of paragraphs. Each section should advance with the focus on the central argument
- All evidences and facts should relate and support the central argument
- All the ideas should interlink significantly than presenting as isolated units.
- The reader should readily connect with the ideas intended by the writer.
9. Write the conclusion
The conclusion tells the reader where the assignment has arrived. In university assignments, the conclusion should not be more than one-tenth of the overall count. Your assignment conclusion should have the following features:
- Draw an unambiguous conclusion from the arguments that have been discussed in the entire assignment
- Summarize the major discussion points briefly
- Conveya final message to the reader by evaluating the overall discussion.
Unlike assignments that were done in high school and college, references play asignificant role in university assignments.The primary concern of reference is to acknowledge the source of information and ideas in the body of assignment. Let’s throw some light on the technique of referencing in assignments for university.
- Arrange the references in an alphabetical list at the end of the assignment
- Referencing are usually considered in two forms:
- End-texting referencing
- In-texting referencing
In-text referencing appears on the body of assignments with authors and date entries of the source, while on the contrary, end-text referencing appears at the end of the writing section.
- APA, MLA,Harvard and Chicago are the various referencing styles used in university assignments. Make sure to use the style that has specified by the instructor
- If your instructor does not stipulate a significant referencing style, use the APA style of referencing for easy accomplishments.
Make your university assignments from MyAssignmenthelp.com
MyAssignmenthelp.com provides a methodical approach to your university assignments from planning the writing process till editing. We are a source of relief for thousands of university students who struggle with their assignments nightlong. MyAssignmenthelp.com is regarded as the top online assignment help provider to university students that encompasses broader array of services that include custom essay help, dissertation writing services and university coursework. If you need assignment help , upload your assignments and get best assignment help now.
We give you multiple reasons to select us above all. Have a glimpse of our exclusive range of features:
- The PhD authors at MyAssignmenthelp.com are well-versed with the writing techniques of assignment for university
- Our efficient team of writers are eligible to craft premium quality assignments at par the University benchmark
- No matter in whichever subjects you have been asked to formulate an assignment on, MyAssignmenthelp.com has solution for all university subjects
- We make sure that the assignments are written from scratch in order to avoid traces of plagiarism
- We guarantee on time delivery of assignments considering the importance of deadlines
- You can come up with your task queries at anytime. Our customer service executives are available 24*7 to greet you with multiple solutions.