Save Time & Improve Grades
Just share your requirements and get customized solutions on time.
How International Students Can Get Permanent Residency in UK
The United Kingdom is home to 12 universities, among which the famous Oxford and Cambridge universities get a special mention. With 4,024 new graduate start-ups already created within 2017-2018, the United Kingdom offers opportunities for the aspirants to make a living and secure a healthy lifestyle. More importantly, according to a survey, 85% of the respondents were happy with their learning resources.
From Literature to Science, and Programming to Biotechnology, the United Kingdom has always been enthusiastic about bringing forth new advancements in the field of academics. Now that you are aspiring to settle in this country and secure a lucrative professional career ahead, applying for a permanent residency is a wise choice. The country welcomes all students whole-heartedly and encourages them to explore a sea of career possibilities.
Here’s how you can become a permanent resident in the United Kingdom.
- Apply for scholarships and get a student visa
There are around 100 scholarships available for the students aspiring to make it big in the United Kingdom. From offering a concession on tuition fee to a full waiver, the scholarship programs offer a plethora of opportunities for the students to explore. Being eligible for a UK-based scholarship program will be your gateway to the initial success.
Once you are done securing a position, apply for a student visa. Here are the documents you will need in order to apply for the visa.
- University Admit Card
- Address proof
- Medical Certificate
Before you put a step ahead to carry on with the visa application procedure, make sure you have the updated copies of each of the mentioned documents.
- Work, study, repeat
Yes, you’ve read that right. Being a permanent resident in the UK will require you to work and fill your pocket apart from studying. It is to be mentioned that the students of Tier-4 Visa are entitled to work for up to 20 hours per week. Apart from that, they can work full time during Christmas and earn about 300 to 500 pounds a month.
Here are a few ideas that can come into play:
- Work as a private tutor
- Secure the job of a part-time bookkeeper
- Apply for internships in reputable companies.
- Try out working as a Dental receptionist.
A part-time job in the United Kingdom will not only help you manage a decent amount of pocket money, but it will also allow you to brag about your professional experiences and achievements in the resume.
- Indefinite Leave To Remain (ILR)
An ILR status is usually granted to such eligible people who have shown their commitment to the country with their temporary visa. The applicants, if found eligible, are granted a 5-year term residence in the country. It can be extended later. The high school and college students, who are currently residing in the country can apply for the ILR on specific grounds, either to continue their studies or to start their professional career. When they get the ILR, they get the permission to stay in the UK for an indefinite period with a variety of other entitlements.
Once granted, there will be no other immigration-related restrictions and you will be free to study or work in any part of the country.
All the students must fulfil certain criteria in order to become eligible for the ILR status. Most of the students are given Tier 4 General Visa when they visit UK to complete their studies. If the student is below 16 years of age, they get the Tier 4 General Child Visa. So, when they want to change their student visa to permanent residence, the eligibility criteria are as follows:
- They must be residing in the country for at least 5 continuous years if they are applying for ILR status for work or higher study permit. It is known as the qualifying period. However, this qualifying period will be reduced to 2 years if the concerned student is married to a British citizen.
- They must be self-reliant and self-sufficient in the country. They should be engaged in any professional or official activities like studying or working. They must exhibit a concrete reason for applying ILR status.
- In certain circumstances, the applicants might be asked to give a ‘Life in the UK’ test. This is a special evaluation to test the knowledge of the students about the UK, its history, geography, government policies and obviously its people. However, these days, it is rarely used and only students applying for citizenship need to qualify in this test.
- During the temporary stay with the student visa, the applicants should not violate any rule or regulation bestowed on them by the immigration department of the country.
- For settling in the UK, the applicants must exhibit their proficiency in English. They must qualify in any of the prescribed English level tests like B1, B2, C1 or C2. Any qualification below B1 will not be accepted. However, if you are a citizen of any English-speaking nation, then you automatically qualify and there is no need to manifest your English knowledge.
At the time of the application, the students must be residing in the UK. If you intend to apply, you should be in the country to apply for the ILR status with a valid visa and passport.
At the time of application, all the students need to submit certain documents with their application. The documents may vary according to the nationality of the student. It also depends on the pursuing course and on the reasons to apply for the ILR status. Recent photographs with the necessary evidence to prove the reason for the application is required.
When the applicant is eligible, he/she can apply for the ILR status and Permanent Residence Card by downloading and filling the respective application form. The application form is available in the respective UK government website responsible for immigration. The form should be filled properly and appropriately by the applicant themselves. All the supporting documents should be listed and attached with the form. Generally, the applications for the ILR status are received in the Post Office branches, Home Offices or the respective Immigration centers. Every student should remember that the applications not duly filled or completed can be rejected or it might take longer processing time.
Since the year 2003, the fees for ILR status have increased drastically. Before that, it was free. Presently, the fees are revised and accordingly the applicants need to pay for it. In the year 2012, the fees crossed £1,000. These prices are indicative, which changes every year. So, it will be better if you verify the ILR charges at the time of application.
Bio-Metric Information Collection And Permit
It is an important part of the procedure known as the Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). The applicants who aspire to reside in UK indefinitely need to secure the BRP. You don’t need to apply separately for it. The BRP program is inclusive within the application.
The students are required to visit the nearby Post Office branch where the biometric information of the student is collected. In this step, the following details are collected:
- A digital photo of your face
- Digital prints of all the 10 fingers
Along with these details, all the applicants are required to provide their:
- Date and Place of Birth
- Present Immigration Status
- Present Studying or Working Status.
You need to provide proper evidence and supporting documents with each given data about yourself. You may also need to furnish additional details according to the need and requirements.
The whole process is completed within 10-15 minutes without the usage of ink or any form of hassles. You need to pay separately for this BRP procedure. You need to pay around £80 pounds within 14 days of receiving the BRP or it becomes invalid.
If you are below 18, then your parent, guardian or someone who is authorised should accompany you. It will be definitely better if you know the location of your concerned Post Office prior to your interview.
The BRP card confirms your identity and gives you the exclusive right to study and work in the UK. You also become entitled to take any public service or benefit. So, it is an essential proof for all the successful applicants of ILR. It is scheduled to reach you within 10-15 days. Any problem, mistake or issue with the BRP must be brought to notice immediately. You can apply for a replacement if the card is lost or misplaced.
All the applicants are awarded Infinite Leave to Remain (ILR) when they successfully complete this procedure. Securing the ILR means you get entitled to a variety of opportunities which all the temporary student visa holders are not authorised to do.
MyAssignmenthelp.com Provides Best Academic Assistance In The UK
There are thousands of international students who study in the UK. They get to study in the most prestigious institutions of the world and compete with the best minds. The academic routine followed in the tertiary level institutions of the UK is quite hectic and stressful. Many students feel precarious in this tough academic world where they need to prove themselves every day. If you are such a student who gets equally petrified with the words like assignments, essays and deadlines then MyAssignmenthelp.com is the ideal destination.
The experts of the team have qualified from the different institutions of the UK. They will prepare the ideal content according to your need and as per the specifications of your university. Some of the most enthralling features of this service are as follows:
- Authentic assignments with plagiarism reports on demand
- Guaranteed delivery of the assignments much before the deadline
- Equally effective service in all the subjects taught in the UK universities
- 24×7 helpline service availability through chat and phone services
- Completely affordable prices with numerous lucrative offers
If your assignments are giving you sleepless nights or you are unable to conceive your assignment on your own, then don’t worry. MyAssignmenthelp.com will give you the best solutions and exceed your expectations