Save Time & Improve Grades
Just share your requirements and get customized solutions on time.
What are the disadvantages of the Greenhouse effect?
Greenhouse effect is nothing but the process by which radiation from the planet’s atmosphere warms up its surface to a temperature above the atmospheric level. The thermal radiation from earth’s surface is reabsorbed by greenhouse gases and redirected in all directions. This, as a result, gives rise to a lot of negative consequences impacting the sustainability scenario of our planet earth.
In order to combat such odds and make the earth a healthier abode for the new generations to live in, you need to get the hang of the major disadvantages and advantages of greenhouse effects in details. It is only after a thorough evaluation of the negative impacts of greenhouse effects; you will be able to outline effective strategies, much requisite for a sustainable ecosystem.
The Disadvantages Of Green House Effect:
- Since green house gases helps to maintain the temperature, the primary effect of the increase in greenhouse gases would be on climate. This would mean warmer summers with natural disasters. Hurricanes have become common in recent years.
- Water level balance of the earth would be destroyed. Polar ice caps would melt leading to an increase in the ocean level. Floods will inundate low lying areas.
- Marine life and ecosystem would be destroyed. Oceans absorb carbon dioxide thereby affecting the level of alkalinity. Many forms of marine life would be adversely affected if alkalinity increases. Polar ecosystems would be destroyed. In the Arctic, melting polar caps are threatening the habitats of polar bears and penguins.
- Global warming would also affect the weather pattern. Rainfall would become erratic in many parts of the world. This might eventually lead to desertification.
- The effect on human and economic life would also be tremendous. It is estimated that the rise in temperature would reduce global output by 2 to 3 percent. This cost would run into trillions of dollars. As agricultural production is affected, this might lead to frequent famines and famine related diseases.
Here are the alarming effects of greenhouse that are taking a toll on our planet for the past many years. Read through the points below and figure out the remedial measures that can keep such calamities under control.
Global warming is by far the greatest disadvantage of the greenhouse effect. A rise in the level of the greenhouse temperature directly contributes to the rising temperature of the planet. As the greenhouse gases tend to increase, their ability to trap the heat and radiate it back to the earth’s surface also increases. This, as a result, gives rise to the phenomenon called global warming.
Remedial Measures: Here are a few effective steps that can be followed in order to tackle the negative effects of global warming.
- The government must take stronger initiatives in order to prevent deforestation by all means.
- Saving rainforest should be the topmost priority for us.
- Focus on recycling reusable products more with each passing day.
- Use less hot water since the process takes a lot of energy to heat water.
- Plant a tree every week and embrace the habit of switching off all electronic devices while not in use.
- Move your thermostat down by 2 degrees during winter and up by 2 degrees in summer. This will help you save about 2,000 pounds of carbon dioxide every year.
Catastrophic impact on marine life
This is yet another alarming and definitely one sad scenario we have to face these days due to the ill effect of greenhouse gases. It is a known fact that ocean absorbs carbon dioxide and maintain alkalinity level. However, in recent days, the rate at which the level of carbon dioxide is increasing due to the greenhouse effect, marine life is certainly at risk.
Remedial Measures: Take note of the following practices in order to save marine life.
- We should learn how to make safe seafood choices.
- People must be more responsible for the usage of plastic products.
- We must also learn how to take care of beaches and make them more sustainable for marine life.
- Say no to the purchase of items that includes materials exploiting marine life.
Significant increase in water levels above the safe mark
Talking of the negative impacts of greenhouse effects, this is one point that needs to be mentioned and talked about in detail. As the average temperature of the earth is steadily increasing due to the impact of greenhouse gases, the polar ice caps are rapidly melting down. This is gradually marking a significant increase in the water levels above the safe marks.
Remedial Measures: We need to abide by the suggestions below in order to take control of the increase in water levels.
- Protect wetlands and take more initiatives to plant more trees.
- We must also focus on constructing buildings that are above sea levels.
- Tackle climate change and work collaboratively with the government in order to introduce better flood prevention system.
Now that you are aware of the major disadvantages of greenhouse effects which are taking a toll on the earth’s ecosystem and sustainable living, re-read the blog carefully. You need to sit back and think over the context of the discussion.
Why is Greenhouse Effect a Concern for Students?
Students are said to be the representatives of young and progressive generation. In a world where greenhouse effect is gradually getting the better of this planet and its climate, students should be aware of the consequences of this phenomenon and set forth their preferences accordingly. If you are wondering why greenhouse effect is a concern for students, then here’s everything you need to know.
- Understanding the negative impacts of greenhouse at a young age will help students put the best foot forward in an endeavour to make this planet a better place to live in.
- Youngsters are often ignorant of many things. Greenhouse effect is a concern for students due to the fact that they should know about the pros and cons of certain activities that involve heat radiation beyond the atmospheric level.
- Greenhouse gases have reportedly elevated the mortality rate over the past many years. No wonder students or youngsters are mostly prone to harmful gas effects due to low immunity. This is again a clear indication of the fact why greenhouse is quite a concern for students these days.
Read more of such write-ups, stay updated with the latest journals on the environment and climate change and put your best foot forward in an endeavour to make this earth a better place for us to live in.
Stuck with An Assignment On Greenhouse Effects?
Here’s MyAssignmenthelp.com to back you up
Are you still not getting the hang of how to write flawless assignments on Greenhouse effects? Do you need professional academic assistance in order to cover you up with comprehensive writing assistance? Take a look here. MyAssignmenthelp.com is right here, available round the clock to send across custom assignments on time. Here are a few of the most sought-after greenhouse assignment topic we excel in.
- What are the advantageous aspects associated with the phenomenon called greenhouse effect?
- What are the major disadvantages of greenhouse effect? Are we doing our bits to prevent such calamities?
- Talk about a real-life example of greenhouse effect you have recently come across.
In addition to each of the topics as mentioned above, we, at MyAssignmenthelp.com, are committed to solving a plethora of other topics related to the subject matter of Greenhouse gases. Apart from that, we are capable of drafting brilliant assignments on other academic sub-disciplinary areas such as:
- Computer Science
- Medicine/Nursing and more
So, place orders with us right away, specify all requirements you have, pay us via PayPal, debit/credit cards and receive flat 20% off on all orders. Hurry up; grab this offer today.