? Discover new trends or practices within industry.
? Present the benefits to sustainability as practiced within a business you have researched.
1. You may partner with one other person in the class for this project, and as such you wouldsubmit the same project to the D2L dropbox. Please ensure that the Word and PowerPointdocuments are appropriately named and follow the naming convention: CSR_FinalProject_XXXXX_Student Names.docx and the same for the PowerPoint (If you are handing in aPowerPoint presentation as well – see below).
2. Using the principles of CSR 2.0 as a lens for your research, as described by Wayne Visser in hisbook entitled The Age of Responsibility, find a ‘gold star’ business that is currently engaged inbest practices in sustainability. The business need not have achieved all of their aspirational goals in their journey towards becoming a responsible company, but must have documentedproof of their commitments and effectiveness in keeping those commitments, which you willexplain to your classmates. The business can be working within any industry, but should not besusceptible to the criticisms levied in Futerra’s Greenwashing Guide. v>
. Questions you will want to ask of your industry example of a sustainable business:
a. When did they start their journey and how far along are they in reaching their goals?
b. What makes their efforts unique within their industry?
c. In what ways are they exhibiting the principles of creativity, scalability, responsiveness,glocality and circularity? (Note: the business need not exhibit all principles, but should
be exemplars of at least three of these principles).
d. What makes this business interesting or unique in terms of becoming a responsiblecompany? Are they industry leaders? Have they developed a new process, and one inwhich is more cyclical in nature? Are they heading towards net-zero emissions or net
zero footprint? Do they solve social problems in a unique way, furthering social justiceor reducing inequality?
4. Create a slide show of no more than 10 slides, in which you will argue for the sustainabilitycredentials of the company that you’ve chosen. The slides must be accompanied by audiodescription, for which you may use Prezi, the voice-over feature in PowerPoint, a VLOG, or another suitable application. Use any of the aforementioned or verify with your instructor thatyour choice of application is suitable. Please refer to the 10/20/30 rule located at GuyKawaski’s website. Your presentation will be uploaded to the designated discussion forum asdecided by your instructor.
5. In your group of no more than two, you and your partner, write an essay of 3-5 pages. Explainthe offering of a product or service, of the business you’ve chosen, and highlight the argumentsfor its sustainability, and provide criticism of what they could do better as a company. Thesearguments must use the context we’ve developed in class and should draw upon the language used about creativity, scalability, responsiveness, glocality and circularity as a test of both thesocial and environmental virtues. You may also refer to human bias, ethical guidelines or any ofthe “Ages” discussed in chapters 1-6. Please submit your written response component of this project to the assigned dropbox folder for formal evaluation and grading.
6. Your assignments will be graded according to the marking criteria found in the Scoring Rubric for Presentations and according to the Scoring Rubric for Essay.
7. Use any of the links provided on the following page, or Google, to conduct your research