New

Learn smart - Learn online. Upto 80% off on courses for a limited time. View Courses

Securing Higher Grades Costing Your Pocket? Book Your Assignment at The Lowest Price Now!
loader
Add File

Error goes here

Files Missing!

Please upload all relevant files for quick & complete assistance.

Guaranteed Higher Grade!

Stuck on Your Question?

Get 24x7 live help from our Top Tutors. All subjects covered.

loader
250 words

Error goes here

Files Missing!

Please upload all relevant files for quick & complete assistance.

Students Who Viewed This Also Studied

4 Pages
Jour 2060 Multimedia Assignment

 Media Plan. Prepare a Media Plan for the time period between Jan 20 and March 31, 2020.  Use the template provided in class.  How will you engage potential visitors to the area th ...

Course

JOUR 2060

Type

Assignment

Subject

Marketing

University

Thompson Rivers University

9 Pages
MAN00013I Marketing Principles and Practice

Task: For this order, I would like the same expert who did Order no 1398635, please A discussion post of 300 words to address the contents and question in the attached file A note to expert   ...

Course

MAN00013I

Type

Home Work

Subject

Marketing

University

University of York

19 Pages
N590 Advertising And Marketing

Task Write a 200-word entry on your Digital Portfolio or Board. The entry should be on the topic outlined below. First, choose one of the following: The Big Lebowski (1998) ONE epi ...

Course

N590

Type

Course Work

Subject

Marketing

University

Coventry University

Season

Fall

0 Page
Clarity and Consistency

...

Course

MARK977

Subject

Marketing

University

University of Wollongong

Season

Spring

BUSI 2400 Decision Modeling

Question

Answered

Question:

(i) For general instructions about assignments, please see Section 3 of the Course Outline, especially Section 3.3 on file formats.

(ii) This document has been created only for internal use at Memorial University. This pdf file is not to be forwarded to anyone not currently registered in Business 2400. Any transmission of the solutions to this assignment to a third party constitutes academic dishonesty.
 
An electronics shop is about to buy some high-definition televisions (HDTVs). While these have 4K resolution, they do not have any advanced features such as HDR, QLED, or OLED. They can be ordered from the manufacturer at a cost of $210 each. The selling price will be set at $300 each. Demand is estimated as being between 11 and 16 inclusive with probabilities 0.15 for 11, 0.2 for 12, 0.3 for 13, 0.25 for 14, 0.08 for 15, and 0.02 for 16. After this purchase, they will only order higher-quality 4K and 8K resolution HDTVs; any leftover of these low-end 4K TVs will be marked down to $180 each (all leftover stock will sell with no problem at this price)
 
All parts (a) to (f) may be done either by hand or by using Excel.
 
Make a table by hand or an Excel worksheet, in which each alternative is in a row, and each outcome is in a column. Note: This is like the problem in Section 8.3.3 of the textbook, for which solutions are provided on the Business 2400 Brightspace site. For each alternative and outcome, calculate the possible payoffs.
 
To the right of part (a), create columns to determine a recommendation using each of the following criteria: (i) expected value, (ii) pessimism, (iii) optimism, (iv) Hurwicz using a coefficient of pessimism of 0.7, and (v) Laplace. (c) Verify (b) (i) using the marginal analysis formula. (d) Find the EVPI. (e) Find the payoffs of the regret matrix. (f) Calculate the EOL column, and verify the solution to (d). Business 2400, Fall 2021, written by Dr. David M. Tulett 2

In the Spring of 2021 a concert promoter is planning a single performance of a distinguished pianist playing suites for keyboard written by G.F. Handel. Several venues are being considered, all of which have a grand piano, and are accessible for those with physical challenges. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, which causes a need for physical distancing, each venue can only admit 25% of its seating capacity. For example, while the Cathedral has a capacity for 1000 people in normal times, during the pandemic only 250 people may be admitted. Each venue charges a rental fee, plus a cleaning surcharge per person in attendance beyond a threshold number. For example, suppose they rent the Basilica, and 265 people show up. The threshold is 225, so they pay a cleaning surcharge based on 265−225 = 40 people. 
 
Developing their own vaccine would cost (all figures are in USD) 900 million, and would have a 40% chance of being successful (i.e. taking the vaccine would actually  prevent infection by the virus). However, it would then need extensive testing to make sure that there are no (or at worst, few) unintended side effects. Depending on what is discovered during the development of the vaccine, there’s a 15% chance of needing extensive testing, and an 85% chance of needing only ordinary testing.

The company could abandon the project just before testing if it wished to do so. Extensive testing would cost 2000 million, and there’s a 65% chance that the drug could be rejected at this stage. Ordinary testing would cost 500 million, and there’s a 30% chance that the drug could be rejected at this stage. The company believes that a vaccine with few side effects would be worth 10,000 million in future gross profit. Partnering with the university has some pluses and minuses. On the one hand, development costs would be only 750 million, and the probability of success in protecting against the virus would be 80%. On the other hand, the university would stipulate that they would have to market the vaccine only slightly above cost per vaccine. Even so, worldwide demand would be so great that the gross profit would still be a respectable 5000 million. The probability of needing extensive testing is now only 10% (and therefore the probability of needing ordinary testing is 90%), but the other testing costs and probabilities are the same as in the preceding paragraph. Again, the company could abandon the project just before testing if it wished to do so. 

BUSI 2400 Decision Modeling

Answer in Detail

Solved by qualified expert

Get Access to This Answer

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Hac habitasse platea dictumst vestibulum rhoncus est pellentesque. Amet dictum sit amet justo donec enim diam vulputate ut. Neque convallis a cras semper auctor neque vitae. Elit at imperdiet dui accumsan. Nisl condimentum id venenatis a condimentum vitae sapien pellentesque. Imperdiet massa tincidunt nunc pulvinar sapien et ligula. Malesuada fames ac turpis egestas maecenas pharetra convallis posuere. Et ultrices neque ornare aenean euismod. Suscipit tellus mauris a diam maecenas sed enim. Potenti nullam ac tortor vitae purus faucibus ornare. Morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada. Morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada. Tellus pellentesque eu tincidunt tortor aliquam. Sit amet purus gravida quis blandit. Nec feugiat in fermentum posuere urna. Vel orci porta non pulvinar neque laoreet suspendisse interdum. Ultricies tristique nulla aliquet enim tortor at auctor urna. Orci sagittis eu volutpat odio facilisis mauris sit amet.

Tellus molestie nunc non blandit massa enim nec dui. Tellus molestie nunc non blandit massa enim nec dui. Ac tortor vitae purus faucibus ornare suspendisse sed nisi. Pharetra et ultrices neque ornare aenean euismod. Pretium viverra suspendisse potenti nullam ac tortor vitae. Morbi quis commodo odio aenean sed. At consectetur lorem donec massa sapien faucibus et. Nisi quis eleifend quam adipiscing vitae proin sagittis nisl rhoncus. Duis at tellus at urna condimentum mattis pellentesque. Vivamus at augue eget arcu dictum varius duis at. Justo donec enim diam vulputate ut. Blandit libero volutpat sed cras ornare arcu. Ac felis donec et odio pellentesque diam volutpat commodo. Convallis a cras semper auctor neque. Tempus iaculis urna id volutpat lacus. Tortor consequat id porta nibh.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Hac habitasse platea dictumst vestibulum rhoncus est pellentesque. Amet dictum sit amet justo donec enim diam vulputate ut. Neque convallis a cras semper auctor neque vitae. Elit at imperdiet dui accumsan. Nisl condimentum id venenatis a condimentum vitae sapien pellentesque. Imperdiet massa tincidunt nunc pulvinar sapien et ligula. Malesuada fames ac turpis egestas maecenas pharetra convallis posuere. Et ultrices neque ornare aenean euismod. Suscipit tellus mauris a diam maecenas sed enim. Potenti nullam ac tortor vitae purus faucibus ornare. Morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada. Morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada. Tellus pellentesque eu tincidunt tortor aliquam. Sit amet purus gravida quis blandit. Nec feugiat in fermentum posuere urna. Vel orci porta non pulvinar neque laoreet suspendisse interdum. Ultricies tristique nulla aliquet enim tortor at auctor urna. Orci sagittis eu volutpat odio facilisis mauris sit amet.

Tellus molestie nunc non blandit massa enim nec dui. Tellus molestie nunc non blandit massa enim nec dui. Ac tortor vitae purus faucibus ornare suspendisse sed nisi. Pharetra et ultrices neque ornare aenean euismod. Pretium viverra suspendisse potenti nullam ac tortor vitae. Morbi quis commodo odio aenean sed. At consectetur lorem donec massa sapien faucibus et. Nisi quis eleifend quam adipiscing vitae proin sagittis nisl rhoncus. Duis at tellus at urna condimentum mattis pellentesque. Vivamus at augue eget arcu dictum varius duis at. Justo donec enim diam vulputate ut. Blandit libero volutpat sed cras ornare arcu. Ac felis donec et odio pellentesque diam volutpat commodo. Convallis a cras semper auctor neque. Tempus iaculis urna id volutpat lacus. Tortor consequat id porta nibh.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Hac habitasse platea dictumst vestibulum rhoncus est pellentesque. Amet dictum sit amet justo donec enim diam vulputate ut. Neque convallis a cras semper auctor neque vitae. Elit at imperdiet dui accumsan. Nisl condimentum id venenatis a condimentum vitae sapien pellentesque. Imperdiet massa tincidunt nunc pulvinar sapien et ligula. Malesuada fames ac turpis egestas maecenas pharetra convallis posuere. Et ultrices neque ornare aenean euismod. Suscipit tellus mauris a diam maecenas sed enim. Potenti nullam ac tortor vitae purus faucibus ornare. Morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada. Morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada. Tellus pellentesque eu tincidunt tortor aliquam. Sit amet purus gravida quis blandit. Nec feugiat in fermentum posuere urna. Vel orci porta non pulvinar neque laoreet suspendisse interdum. Ultricies tristique nulla aliquet enim tortor at auctor urna. Orci sagittis eu volutpat odio facilisis mauris sit amet.

Tellus molestie nunc non blandit massa enim nec dui. Tellus molestie nunc non blandit massa enim nec dui. Ac tortor vitae purus faucibus ornare suspendisse sed nisi. Pharetra et ultrices neque ornare aenean euismod. Pretium viverra suspendisse potenti nullam ac tortor vitae. Morbi quis commodo odio aenean sed. At consectetur lorem donec massa sapien faucibus et. Nisi quis eleifend quam adipiscing vitae proin sagittis nisl rhoncus. Duis at tellus at urna condimentum mattis pellentesque. Vivamus at augue eget arcu dictum varius duis at. Justo donec enim diam vulputate ut. Blandit libero volutpat sed cras ornare arcu. Ac felis donec et odio pellentesque diam volutpat commodo. Convallis a cras semper auctor neque. Tempus iaculis urna id volutpat lacus. Tortor consequat id porta nibh.

20 More Pages to Come in This Document. Get access to the complete answer.

MyAssignmenthelp.com is one of the leading urgent assignment help providers in the USA. We have earned our reputation as best assignment help in multiple countries including the USA. We have designed unique fastest delivery options, which assist us to deliver immediate assignment assistance. Our teams of highly skilled qualified writers are capable of delivering fast assistances. We provide online assignment help to a wide range subjects so that whenever students face the urgent need of assignment help, they can hire our assistance within a short period.

More BUSI2400 BUSI 2400 Decision Modeling: Questions & Answers

Q
icon

We aren't endorsed by this University

Jour 2060 Multimedia Assignment

 Media Plan. Prepare a Media Plan for the time period between Jan 20 and March 31, 2020.  Use the template provided in class.  How will you engage potential visitors to the area through the media? How will you engage the media to show interest and create coverage of tourism poten ...

View Answer
Q
icon

We aren't endorsed by this University

MAN00013I Marketing Principles and Practice

Task: For this order, I would like the same expert who did Order no 1398635, please A discussion post of 300 words to address the contents and question in the attached file A note to expert   1. Please end the post with an engaging question to get students to respond.    2. This ...

View Answer
Q
icon

We aren't endorsed by this University

N590 Advertising And Marketing

Task Write a 200-word entry on your Digital Portfolio or Board. The entry should be on the topic outlined below. First, choose one of the following: The Big Lebowski (1998) ONE episode of Stranger Things The Lunchbox (2013) ONE episode of Rick and Morty Off ...

View Answer
Q
icon

We aren't endorsed by this University

Clarity and Consistency

...

View Answer

Content Removal Request

If you are the original writer of this content and no longer wish to have your work published on Myassignmenthelp.com then please raise the content removal request.

Choose Our Best Expert to Help You

5% Cashback

On APP - grab it while it lasts!

Download app now (or) Scan the QR code

*Offer eligible for first 3 orders ordered through app!

screener
ribbon
callback request mobile
Have any Query?