CO4510 - Advanced Topics in IT Security
This assignment addresses the following learning outcomes:
· Evaluate approaches to the management of IT Security
· Investigate, summarise and review contemporary topics in IT security
· Apply ideas from research and current practices to address problems of IT system security
1. Assignment Description
This assignment is individual, You have to write a paper with a total size of 2400 words in the ACM SIG template (excluding references). Please check the Section 5 for more info on the template.
Research Paper Structure
The paper should contain at least the following sections. Note that you may add sections and subsections to improve the paper and its structure; for example, you may want to organise the literature review in sub-sections
1. An abstract provides a compact summary of the report, which hightlight what you have done, and usually include the major findings and their significance. It is very important that based on the abstract a reader should be able to tell whether your paper will be useful to them. (ideally 200-300 words)
2. An introduction summarizes your research question and its context/ background (such as trends, statistics, recent developments in the field), the practical relevance of this question, the initial goal of your paper (how you expected to answer your research question), the relevance of the question for practitioners or researchers, how you did answer your question, and how the paper is structured
3. A critical analysis of existing literature relevant to your research question. Identify any interesting results, insights, how effective are the proposed methods, and their limitations. Where applicable, also review relevant practices from high quality sources. Additionally, consider the extent to which methods proposed in research papers have been tested in industry. Due to the constraint on page number, only consider the most relevant, recent papers in the field.