Quantitative Risk Assessment for Ruskin College
A. As your first task, you have been asked to perform a quantitative risk assessment for Ruskin College. Describe the steps you must take to conduct the risk assessment. Use your creativity to elaborate the details on the college’s digital assets and their value.
B. To promote convenience and improve availability, students are allowed to use their personal devices to connect to the college network, eLearning and email system and while instructors.
• Describe, how college access security policies contribute to this issue?
• Describe, how can you mitigate this issue with minimum effect to student’s freedom of access?
• Describe the security threats and attacks that college could face with its current access policy?
C. You have been asked to develop a recovery plan for the college infrastructure in case of a disaster or critical failure. Describe, what options do you have and how these options can safeguard college assets and infrastructure?
D. To further promote the security, you’ve been assigned to implement a private CA structure for your organization. Ruskin College has seven other large branches and facilities throughout the country and continuity of secure access to college services is extremely important. How would you go about implementing this CA structure? Explain your solution.
E. Describe how cryptography can support the core security principles (CIA AAA) in Ruski College?
You have just started a new job at Eagles hospital as a security consultant. Eagles hospital has hired over 500 new people during the last year which raises a concern about the security awareness of the new hospital personnel. As your first task, you have been asked to promote the security awareness of the hospital personnel by briefing your colleagues on the computer misuse Act and some other training workshops.
• Outlines Computer misuse offenses under misuse Act with real-world examples that surround your organization (Hospital).
• Describes how it safeguards digital security in a hospital environment.
• Describes the consequences of breaking the Act.
You have switched your job once again and this time you are working as a security specialist in a software development company. The company has recently signed a new contact with some private bank to develop a whole new highly secure banking software to handle financial transactions, customers' financial records as well as online banking.
Your first task is to make sure all developments in this project are secure and meet software secure principles and guidelines.
• Create a secure coding checklist for the various component of the banking software by adopting the OWASP secure coding practices.
• Using the OWASP Top 10 security concerns, identifies five different attacks that banking software applications might be vulnerable to.
You are expected to thoroughly and accurately reference your report using the Harvard referencing style expected by Anglia University. The report should contain a minimum of 10 references, with up to 10 marks available for the quality of referencing. Marks will be deducted for:
• lack of referencing in the text
• divergence from Harvard referencing style
Report Presentation and Layout
You are expected to compile a well-constructed, formal written report of no more than 2,000 words. Up to 10 marks are available for the presentation and layout of the report. The report should:
• be a formal report, written in the third person
• be spiral or comb bound
• have all figures and tables correctly labelled and referenced
• be presented in a structured and meaningful way, with consideration for grammar, punctuation and spelling throughout, including the minimum components:
1. Cover Page to include:
• Module Title
• Course Code
• Your Student ID
• Date of Submission
• Word Count
2. Table of Contents
3. Body of your report (2,000 word guide)
4. Any supporting diagrams and tables (make sure they are labelled)