1.Demonstrate an understanding of different types of innovation and technology and how they have impacted the economic progress of the country, with particular emphasis on business organisations.
- Define innovation and technology
- Give practical examples of how innovation and technology have contributed to the economic growth of the country.
- Describe how business organisations use new technologies in their operations
2.Give practical illustrations of how innovation and technology have impacted the operations, sales and the profits of your chosen company.
- A brief overview of your chosen company
Describe the new technologies and how they are being used by your chosen company.
Compare the sales and profits of the company before and, after the new technologies were introduced (Please visit the web site of your chosen company for its annual report and other necessary information)
- Evaluate the importance of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) for the organisation
Define Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility(CSR)
Brief history of Corporate Governance in the UK with examples
- Importance of CSR for organisations with particular emphasis on your chosen company.
- Explanations of Archie Carroll’s Pyramid of CSR:
Conomic responsibilities, legal responsibilities, ethical responsibilities and philanthropic responsibilities.
- Demonstrate your understanding of the four areas of CSR as identified by Archie Carroll. Apply these to your chosen company.
Corporate governance involves a set of relationships between a company’s management, its board, its shareholders and other stakeholders. Corporate governance also provides the structure through which the objectives of the company are set, and the means of achieving those objectives and monitoring performance are determined.
- Evaluate the importance of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) for the same organisation of your choice in Task One above.
- Apply Archie Carroll’s (1991) CSR model to your chosen organisation.
- Presentation, grammar and referencing.
Knowledge and understanding of technological innovation
- Understanding of the relationships between innovation and economic development.
- Abilities to appreciate the role of technological change in economic progress
- Identify the financial and ICT issues for key business functions
Demonstrate your understanding of innovation, and the role oftechnological change in economic progress.
A brief overview of your chosen company, and practical illustrations of how innovation has impacted the operations, sales and the profits of your chosen company.