Richard Girgenti (2018), the leader of KPMG LLP’s Forensic Advisory Services, said that Brazil is experiencing the worst recession in decades due in large part to corruption and the political and economic uncertainty that it has generated. Brazil’s economy, its financial markets, and citizens, are suffering because of corruption scandals that have led to prosecutions of many political and business leaders, as the problem is widespread and of long duration (GAN Integrity Inc., 2018).
1.Analyse the Brazilian “car wash” scandal and identify the facts of the case;
2.Explain the consequences for the perpetrators in terms of fines and prison sentences, and their country and its citizens in terms of recession, growth, employment;
3.Explain the causes in terms of law enforcement, personal and professional ethics, and weak governance in politics and business;
4.Make practical application of the lessons you have learned from this case to your career and appreciation for the interplay of ethics, corporate governance and law.
Collusion and Cheating
This is an individual assignment - University policy will apply where cases of copying and plagiarism are suspected.
When you submit the assignment you declare that you:
- Have read and understand that university’s guidance on plagiarism and cheating.
- You confirm that it is solely your own work or, in the case of a group submission, that it is the result of joint work by members of the group that you represent.
- That it contains no unreferenced material from another source.
- That you keep a copy of the assignment.
- Failure to abide by the rules will result in disciplinary action against you.
Demonstrating a thorough understanding of the issues surrounding the scenario.
Critical evaluation evident in development of team view points and conclusions on actions to be taken
Relevant reference made to codes, laws, international standards, business or/and legal precedents.
Appropriate synthesis of ethical, legally grounded, and professional conclusions.
Professional, and academic sources fully referenced in Harvard style.
Presentation Quality: was it professional?