Requirements for the Personal Development Assignment
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of how to study effectively, taking responsibility for your own learning and your personal development
- Demonstrate your use of appropriate academic study skills to enhance your learning and personal development and apply when responding to assessment tasks
- Fill out the personal skills audit document provided to you, adding detail where required.
- Complete the personal development plan provided to you.
- Write a reflective blog reflecting on you university experience so far about your first few week at university (around 500 words)
- Your own progress; how did you feel at the start and now? Why did/do you feel this way?
- Your personal achievements and goals; what they are and why?
- The skills you feel you will need to complete degree successfully and progress towards your future career profession; why? How does this make you feel?
You must write clearly ensuring that what you write is suitable for a blog submission.
In preparation for the in-class test, you should complete a personal skills audit, personal development plan and write a reflective blog.
The documents for the personal skills audit and development plan will be provided to you on the day.
What do I need to do to pass? (Threshold Expectations from UIF)
In order to pass Assessment 1 you will need to:
- Demonstrate with evidence that you are progressing your abilities as a student.
- Give a balanced account of your existing personal abilities and skills and identify where there is a need for some development.
- Produce a clearly written and structured account of your current skills and development needs in the form of a learning plan.
How do I produce high quality work that merits a good grade?
We will be filling this section in together in class on Week 8 make sure you have downloaded/printed out the Assignment Brief and bring it to the session with you.
How does assignment relate to what we are doing in scheduled sessions?
The questions in the in-class test are based upon what is delivered in the on campus workshops and completion of the independent activities.
How will my assignment be marked?
Your assignment will be marked according to the threshold expectations and the criteria on the following page.
You can use them to evaluate your own work and estimate your grade before you submit.