Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and systematic understanding of company law and of the principles of International Corporate Governance, and their relationship with other disciplines of study.
Demonstrate the critical analysis, legal research and communication skills which allow you to research, explain, contextualise and critically evaluate topics of current importance in the area of International Corporate Governance and Company Law.
What am I required to do in this assignment?
Discuss the evolution of Corporate Governance post Covid-19 crisis.
- Identify the nature and purpose of corporate governance
- Refer to the importance of corporate governance after the financial crisis of 2007-8
- Refer to the need of continuous improvement of the mechanisms and rules of corporate governance – see the recent scandals such as Petrobras and various construction companies (Odebrecht etc.) in Brazil
- Refer to the structures responsible for delivering a healthy and efficient corporate governance process
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of the principles of Corporate Governance as they apply in respect of international business operations.
Correctly identify the legal issues raised by the question and develop suitable and legally-sound conclusions derived from relevant primary sources and academic commentary.
- Demonstrate knowledge and critical appreciation of the practical and legal issues related to the formation of companies, branches and subsidiaries, and to their governance.
Present an informed, well-structured and legally-sound argument, based on analysis of legal instruments, judicial decisions and academic commentary
How do I produce high quality work that merits a good grade?
How does this assignment relate to what we are doing in scheduled sessions?
The assessment relates to the materials presented as per the study guide. For this assessment, follow the study guide plan for week 1-3 ensuring completing all reading and activities as per study guide, including the assessment guidance session in week 3.
How will my assignment be marked?
Your assignment will be marked according to the threshold expectations and the criteria on the following page.
You can use them to evaluate your own work and consider your grade before you submit.
Detailed and accurate identification of the legal issues and application of the law to the facts.
Excellent detailed and accurate identification of the legal issues and application of the law to the facts.
Evidence of reading cases and academic commentary where relevant.
Excellent evidence of reading, understanding and use of cases and academic commentary where relevant.
Reasoned analysis and discussion of the law and legal issues such as the coherence of the law.
Excellent analysis and fully reasoned discussion of the law and legal issues such as the coherence of the law and any proposed legal reform.
Very good written and presentational style including very good referencing.
Excellent written and presentational style including excellent referencing.