1 Demonstrate the following knowledge and understanding
Demonstrate strong comprehension of airports and how the evolving airline industry is influencing the finance, performance, and impacts of airports.
2.Demonstrate the following skills and abilities
·Decisively articulate the relationship between airports and airlines as a crucial contribution to the successfulness of airports.
What am I required to do in this assignment?
You are required to produce an individual report on the following topic
a)Assess the key planning challenges involved in developing Terminal, Runway Capacity and accessibility, for airports in general.
b)Using recent airport planning examples of your choice, illustrate these challenges and explain how these airports met them
c)Emphasize the impacts that each of Terminal, Runway and Accessibility planning may have on stakeholders Instructions:
·The word count for this assessment is 1,500 words, + or – 10%.
·The report should be uploaded on EMA by 10 am on the deadline date
·Late submission will not be accepted or marked.
·This coursework is subject to University Regulations, attention is particularly drawn to the regulations on late submission, CAAS and plagiarism.
It is recommended that your report complies with the following structure:
1. Title page: to include unit name, unit code, the title of your report, your name, and your student number. It could also include a photo for attractiveness and appeal.
2. Contents page (table of contents): a list of the sections and sub-sections (if applicable) of your report. For example, 1.0 Introduction, 2.0 Background to your airline, and so forth.
3. Introduction: a brief outline of your report’s contents and scene-setting material. It is crucial that you keep this succinct yet informative.
4. Part 1 explains key planning challenges involved in developing Terminal, Runway Capacity and accessibility, for airports in general
5. Part 2 uses recent airport planning examples of your choice, illustrate the challenges identified in part 1 and explain how these airports met these challenges. Both technical and business solutions should be emphasized.
6. Part 3 emphasizes the impacts that each of Terminal, Runway and Accessibility planning may have on stakeholders
7. Conclusion summarising your main findings
8. List of references: please refer to the section below
9. Appendices: only use if they are appropriate and relevant. It might be sensible to put your core analysis into the main body and supplementary analysis into an appendix.
·This coursework is subject to University Regulations, attention is particularly drawn to the regulations on late submission, CAAS and plagiarism
·Coursework should be properly referenced using the Harvard Referencing System and should include a list of references. Students should note that correct referencing and bibliography are one of the assessment criteria. Please use the guide to referencing, below.
·It is the responsibility of a student who registers for a UK programme of study to learn about the academic practices they are required to follow. I would recommend that you seek guidance on academic writing. The library resources have information to help you on the following webpages:
Study Hub also provides assistance at the following web page:
Study Hub is also available through BREO.
What do I need to do to pass? (Threshold Expectations from UIF) In order to pass assessment 2, you need to:
·Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of global contemporary airport management
·Ensure you fully answer the questions
·Ensure you write coherently and succulently
·Provide strong, reliable, and up-to-date examples and evidence from practice
How do I produce high quality work that merits a good grade?
We will be filling this section in together in class on Click or tap to enter a date. make sure you have downloaded/printed out the Assignment Brief and bring it to the session with you.
How does assignment relate to what we are doing in scheduled sessions?
This assessment will bring together some of the main and foundational themes of Strategic Airport Planning and DEvelopment
Students will be expected to synthesise the themes explored within the unit for this assessment. Students will apply their understanding to an airline
How will my assignment be marked?
Your assignment will be marked according to the threshold expectations and the criteria on the following page.
You can use them to evaluate your own work and consider your grade before you submit.