Identifying the Current Global Health Challenge of Diabetes in India
‘Identify and analyse a current global health challenge, its impact internationally and critically discuss the contemporary initiatives employed to tackle the identified challenge and evaluate the associated role of the future nurse’
1. Identify a global health challenge and critically discuss the initiatives to address the identified issue. The global health challenge is Diabetes in India
2. Within the essay the student will critically discuss the initiatives to address the identified global health challenge
The initiative will be relevant to the global health challenge identified, it could be a health promotion initiative; or a healthcare initiative; social policy; professional issue etc. However, the intended aim is to critically discuss the selected initiatives(s).
You may wish to compare the initiatives between your chosen international country and the UK, related to the identified global health challenge.
This must be an evidenced based critical discussion, using relevant literature and data.
In relation to a global health challenge, evaluate the relevant policies and contemporary public health practices that inform the role of the future nurse
A critical discussion of the global health initiatives to address the identified health challenge should then be appraised and presented alongside contemporary public health practices and the role of the future nurse, in addressing this global health challenge.
1. Evaluate collaborative and partnership approaches, in relation to tackling global health inequalities, across people of all ages, cultures and beliefs
2. Consider the services/ organisations who work in towards tackling the identified global health challenge. These may extend beyond traditional health services/ systems
3. Consider whether health inequalities exist
4. Identification of specific determinants of health related to the identified health challenge would be advisable
5. You may wish to identify a relevant model of health and include this within your analysis of the approaches employed to tackle the identified challenge
6. Consider whether a specific population is a greater risk in relation to the chosen global health challenge
7. Analyse the relevant health data which clearly identifies global patterns of health and disease
The essay should analyse the health data related the global health challenge identified within the poster (assessment 1).
The analysis should include a clear comparison of the identified global health challenge, between one selected international country and the UK; relevant data should be used to support this analysis, from credible/ academic sources.