This is an individual research based portfolio assignment targeting 3 strategic People Management areas in a case study scenario. A 2000 word word-processed portfolio should be prepared for this submission.
Demonstrate an understanding of the knowledge, skills and behaviours to be an effective people manager
Identify and evaluate key HR processes which underpin the performance management of people at work
Demonstrate an understanding of contemporary issues facing line managers relating to people management
Choosing an organisation from the list below, research how the areas of 1) Leadership and Management;
2) Training and Development; and 3) Talent Management underpin Performance Management at your chosen organisation.
c) Easy Jet
Module code and title:
CW1 - Individual Research Portfolio
Special consideration must be given to the following:
1) The operational context of the organisation
2) Relevant applicable theoretical models
3) Recommendations with a focus on the required knowledge, skills and behaviour needed by management to deliver on these 3 key areas.
Notes for Guidance
· The portfolio should be written in a report format and comprise of 3 clear sections.
· You are also expected to conclude with relevant and appropriate recommendations, summarising ways forward for your organisation in relation to the 3 areas.
· Only ONE final conclusion is required at the end of the portfolio to conclude the portfolio.
· An appendices is expected and must include supporting research documents or snippets of relevant information pertaining to your portfolio content.
· A reference list AND bibliography is expected, with more than 10 citations in each list. These must demonstrate that the student has deployed a range of literature sources e.g. books; journals; articles; company documents; internet, web sites etc.
Evidence of wide research using primary and secondary research and an imaginative range of sources.
Evidence of good research. Some primary and secondary research though more limited in range.
Evidence of solid research though limited to secondary research but from a range of prescribed texts and sources.
Some evidence of research though perhaps limited to secondary research.
Little evidence of any research; little reference to appropriate secondary literature.
Knowledge and understanding 20 Excellent critical discussion of key concepts and underpinning theory supported through extensive secondary research findings.
Demonstrates a thorough understanding of HR models and key concepts through discussion using good secondary research.
Demonstrates some understanding of HR models with a range of secondary research utilised to support the discussion.
Demonstrates a limited view and reference to models and concepts is weak. Limited use of secondary research to underpin discussion.
Superficial understanding demonstrated through minimal secondary research and lack of integration of models and concepts.
Analysis and application 40 Excellent analysis of the models and concepts with an extensive comparison to the NHS. Excellent explanation and evaluation.
Good analysis of the models and concepts with a good comparison to the NHS. Good explanation and some evaluation.
Some analysis of the models and concepts with some comparison to the NHS.
Effort made to explain though tended to describe.
Presents partial analysis of the models and concepts with minimal comparison to the NHS. Limited attempt to explain; largely descriptive.
Limited or no analysis of the models and concepts with superficial comparison to the NHS. No effort to explain or evaluate.
Evaluation 20 Excellent evaluation of the impact of different models on organisational practice.
Reflective and detailed evaluative conclusions and recommendations.
Good evaluation of the impact of different models on organisational practice. Good evaluative conclusions and recommendations.
Some evaluation of the impact of different models on organisational practice. Conclusions drawn and recommendations made, but less convincing.
Limited evaluation of the impact of different models on organisational practice. Limited conclusionsdrawn or recommendations made.
Fails to address all parts of the task – key issues not identified, conclusions inappropriate. No recommendations made.
Assignment parameters 10 Brief met fully. Within word count. Clearly written and presented. Professional style, structure and referencing.
Within word count. Meets brief fully Clearly written and presented. Logical structure and good attempt to reference material.