Definition of digital disruption
Prepare and deliver a 10 minute presentation on the role of information and data within your Industry or profession sector :
This should cover the following tasks:
1.Set out what digital disruption is
2.Set out how this will impact on the sector represented by your degree with emphasis on the role of data as a business tool
3.Define what this means in terms of types of jobs within the sector and the skills that will be required to build a successful career within it
4.Write an online research questionnaire to be sent to an industry professional researching 1-3
5.Write a discussion guide for use in a face to face interview with an industry professional researching 1-3
6.Test the questionnaire and discussion guide on a member of an industry professional and present if and how the research technique worked effectively, and what if any, corrections you would have made to have made it more effective .
Both 4 and 5 should be on the subject of awareness of digital disruption and that person’s perception of it and its impact on their job and career
Plan, implement and critique a programme of research.
·This is a group presentation.
·Please keep a record of group work meetings, including attendance and work allocation v work done to the required standard. This should be submitted with the final report and slides. Use Google Docs to do this.
·Presentations will take place in a pre-arranged time-slot during normal tuition hours for this module. Failure to attend or failure to be punctual (without good reason) will be treated as a non-submission.
·Presentations will be timed
·You will receive verbal feedback immediately after your presentation so you may want to have a pen and paper to hand to record some of this feedback
·You should use this feedback to make alteration to your final BB submission
·You will NOT be provided with your grade at this time but via blackboard within a three week period.
Your work will be assessed on the extent to which it demonstrates your achievement of the stated learning outcomes for this assignment (see above) and against other key criteria, as defined in the University’s institutional grading descriptors. This assignment will be marked according to the grading descriptors for Level 4.
This being a group presentation you will be receiving a mark for the performance of the group (this mostly relates to the structure and the content of your presentation).
Each member of the group will be questioned on the section of the presentation they have given.
Individual marks will be adjusted based upon whether their individual contribution of the knowledge and understanding of their task and its link to whole project is appropriate for this level of study.
1. Set out what digital disruption is
2. Set out how this will impact on the sector represented by your degree with emphasis on the role of data as a business tool
3. Define what this means in terms of types of jobs within the sector and the skills that will be required to build a successful career within it
4. Write an online research questionnaire to be sent to an industry professional researching 1-3
5. Write a discussion guide for use in a face to face interview with an industry professional researching 1-3
6. Test the questionnaire and discussion guide on a member of an industry professional and present if and how the research technique worked
Apply various analytical tools and techniques to gain insight into a specific research issues
This assignment should be submitted electronically.
Please use the relevant Turnitin submission point in the Submit your work area in your Blackboard module shell.
· Please ensure that your work has been saved in an appropriate file format. Turnitin will only accept the following file types: Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint, PostScript, PDF, HTML, RTF, OpenOffice (ODT), Hangul (HWP), Google Docs, or plain text. Your file must also contain at least 20 words of text, consist of fewer than 400 pages and be less than 40MB in size.
· You can submit your work as many times as you like before the submission date. If you do submit your work more than once, your earlier submission will be replaced by the most recent version.
· Once you have submitted your work, you will receive a digital receipt as proof of submission, which will be sent to your forwarded e-mail address (provided you have set this up). Please keep this receipt for future reference, along with the original electronic copy of your assignment.