On successful completion of the module, a student should be able to:
- Manage a technical industry project from conception to final stage report.
- Critically analyse existing policies / practices relevant to the areas of investigation, appraise academic literature and research methodologies relevant to the project, collect data and present in appropriate manner with detailed and coherent analysis, formulating a conclusion to the project with realistic recommendations.
- Critically evaluate and understand the professional, legal, social, cultural, and ethical issues related to the organisation.
- Critically review their personal contribution to the organisation, and be able to describe explicitly the skills gained through the work placement and their transferability to other employment, their programme of study and life situations in a Reflective Statement.
- Demonstrate experience in technical and supervisory tasks and duties within the organization.
- Relate and apply theoretical learning to the world of work with ability to differentiate between theoretical and practical approaches;
At the conclusion of your Internship, you will be required to produce the following two pieces of work:
- Reflective Report - In your report, you will critically analyse technical or managerial activities undertaken during internship, and the detail of your project including objectives set and how these have been achieved. The report should include key decision made and the rationale for these decisions. You will be required to critically analyse the learning which has taken place throughout the internship. The appendix section of this report should contain the log you may have maintained during your internship. There is no fixed format for the report, but you may want to divide it into sections below:
For your presentation, you will be required to critically evaluate and reflect on the chosen operation within your placement/internship organisation and evaluate your own contribution to the organisation due to the outcomes of the industry-based project you have undertaken. Detail the outcome of your internship experience due to undertaking any projects, including the conclusion, and recommended developmental actions.
You can create this video using CAM Studio or some other screen capture software such as recordMyDesktop (works only on Linux). Please note that you need to upload your video to Moodle and include a youtube link in the report.