In addition, you must upload part of your draft of the above document by the end of Unit 3 (see Interim Assignment, below). This draft will not be graded, but it is an important way of monitoring your progress. Formative feedback on your draft will be given, and general feedback with respect to the topic(s) covered in the interim assignment will be posted on the Forum after Unit 3 has been completed.
Your paper must have a clear structure and must include:
• Cover page (an example is available to you in Induction/Unit 4)
• Abstract (no more than 150 words in a single paragraph)
• Table of contents (Table of tables/figures if necessary)
• A subsection for each of the five questions of the assessment - no more than 4500 words in total
1. Conduct a literature review that critically discusses the concepts of
a. Information Governance
b. Information Security and their importance in information management. Find and discuss relevant literature (peerreviewed literature is preferred, such as journal articles, conference articles, with books, white papers, practitioner literature, and blog articles having a little less weight).
2. After reading the Procter and Gamble case study (Unit 2), critically discuss the role and responsibilities of senior leadership in information governance in the context of Procter and Gamble
3. In an organisation of your choice, perform a critical analysis of their use of information systems and information technology (including cloud services and social media) and how this impacts on staff development, effective flows of communication, and decision making in the organisation
4. Building on your analysis from question #3, critically evaluate possible improvements to the organisation’s use of information systems with emphasis on staff development in line with organisational goals, effective flows of communication, and decision making in the organisation
5. Critically analyse the importance of security in information management in your organisation in particular