Assessment Task for Research Methods for Engineers
To produce an executive report summarising how a potential project could be achieved.
- Write a brief introduction (maximum 1 page) to a project;
Including a clear project aim and a corresponding list of objectives.
- Identify and critically analyse, three different pieces of literature that are relevant to the selected project, this should be done in terms of their quality and relevance to the project. This is not a literature review, but an evaluation of the selected literature.
- Identify suitable research method(s) for the project;
Provide clear links to research methodology literature, and
Explain why the chosen approach is suitable, highlighting any limitations.
You must describe a project and justify why the method(s) would be appropriate to address the research question or hypotheses. Also, in the report you must identify and then critically evaluate three pieces of literature, but you will need many more references to successfully complete this assessment task.
You do not need to carry out the project or perform any research methods, but you should be thinking critically about the project and some supporting literature.
The word count for this report is 3000 words (ï¿½10%) as detailed in the module descriptor. Excess words will not be marked and hence will not contribute to your grade.
This assignment will be marked out of 100%
This assignment contributes to 100% of the total module marks.
- Critically analyse, identify and select the most appropriate methods and techniques to carry out a research project.
- Critically analyse information and data from a range of sources.