Section 1: Discussion Questions
Below you can find 6 topics we examined during the term. You should select FOUR of these topics and discuss them, using appropriate examples.
- When are MNEs likely to use an international joint venture? When would they opt for a strategic partnership? Justify your answer.
- How does a global product structure work? Why would an MNE opt for this arrangement? What are two drawbacks to using this structure?
- In what way are economic integration and national responsiveness important to MNE strategies?
- Why are MNEs concerned with international logistics? How does this help the companies increase their competitiveness?
- When should an MNE use the same promotion strategy overseas that it uses at home? When should it modify the approach?
- When might an MNE face transaction exposure? What is meant by the term economic exposure? What are the financial strategies that the firm could use to minimize these risks?
Your answers should be well researched by using academic sources and authoritative web-based information sources.
The word allowance for this section is 2,000 words (i.e. 500 words for each topic discussed).
Conduct a critical literature review on TWO of the following topics.
- International competitiveness and the competitive advantage of nations.
- Social media and international advertising.
- Corruption and international business.
It is an online submission, ensure you leave enough time to submit before the deadline
There are several command words within the question
Discuss - Consider something by writing about it from different points of view.
Critical review –provide an overview of the research that has been done on your topic and evaluate the sources you are reviewing; include your personal opinion in your evaluation together with appropriate reasons for your opinion.
The word limit is intended as +/- 10%. Neither the title page nor your reference list count towards the word limit but your in-text referencing will count. Your marks will be reduced if you are under or over the overall word limit (i.e. your coursework must not be < 3,600 words or > 4,400 words).
The current university policies on plagiarism and late submission apply. You are asked to submit by using Canvas/Turnitin.
Feedback is a crucial part of the learning process and is taken very seriously on all modules. You will receive feedback from your assessed work where possible within three working weeks (=15 working days).
Feedback will mean marks (but they will be provisional subject to moderation) as well as more detailed written comments.
Feedback will relate to the assessment criteria. All assessment tasks are marked according to assessment criteria. Tutors will use these criteria when providing you with feedback so that you are better able to understand how well you have done and why. In this way, feedback should be helpful to you in future similar assessment tasks in any modules.
Please read the feedback carefully and link this to actions for your learning. If you are not clear on what is meant by the feedback or how you might use it to improve or develop please make an appointment to see a tutor or use other opportunities such as tutorials to seek clarification.
You will be offered a one-to-one Personal Tutorial (Assessment Performance) early in Semester 2 to discuss assessment performance and to advise on future requirements for continued academic success.