Learning Outcomes: Knowledge and Understanding tested in this assignment:
1. the theoretical and empirical work of key writers, both classical and contemporary, on different aspects of international human resource management as a distinctive field of study and practice;
2. the strategic orientations of multinational corporations (MNCs) and related HR policy/employment considerations;
3. comparative and diverse contexts impacting HRM and its related practices in various regions.
Learning Outcomes: Skills and Attributes tested in this assignment:
1. demonstrate an ability to critically appraise, evaluate and synthesise different writers' theoretical and empirical contributions to the study of international human resource management
2. critically evaluate and apply relevant theory to practice to the complex interrelationship of human resource factors within multinational corporations
3. communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and work effectively in diverse groups
Detailed Brief for Individual Assessment
Assignment Title: Group Report, Reflective Account and Attendance Diary
The assessment will require students to work as a group to produce a research-based report plus a 500-word Reflective Account of working in a group during this module. Students will also submit an Attendance Diary to document their participation in lectures and tutorials. This assessment allows you to demonstrate your ability to research a topic and engage in cross-cultural team working.
Description of the assignment: A group report on the following topic:
Critically examine the view that understanding cultural differences is important for firms operating in an international context. Specifically, with reference to relevant cultural theories, identify and discuss four HRM policies or practices in which understanding culture is important. Each team member should discuss one policy or practice, using specific country examples and drawing upon the academic literature. Fully reference your work.
7BSP1303 International and Comparative HRM
Answer in Detail
Solved by qualified expert
Page 1 of 10
9 More Pages to Come in This Document. Get access to the complete answer.