Choose a health and social care policy or key piece of legislation and Evaluate the impact on service delivery on practice. (2000 words)
Please see the assessment brief for the final due date (50% of module weighting).
Interpretation of the title:
This topic asks you to select a policy you are interested in. Or you can select legislation such as the Health and Social Care Act 2012 or Care Act 2014.
In making a choice, consider how much has been written about your topic- it is generally better to choose a topic where there are published articles, reports and books (including e-books) you can reference to support your discussion.
You are asked to evaluate how successful your chosen policy or legislation has been – you will be able to read evaluation studies that you can mention as supporting references.
• Write a concise introductory paragraph that demonstrates your understanding of the title. This opening paragraph tells the reader what the specific issue is in relation to the chosen policy you intend to discuss in your essay.
• Define key terms-tell the reader which policy you have selected, and why you have made this choice
• Identify 3 or 4 key points you will then discuss in your essay; this should be stated as the thesis statement.
Body of the essay
• Discuss the introduction of the new policy or legislation.
• Discuss why it was introduced and what impact it appears to have made – find out about impact by reading evaluations articles on the chosen policy/legislation.
• Explain how practitioners have implemented the new policy or legislation and identify any strengths and weaknesses that seem to be discussed in the literature.
• Explain how the new policy can help professionals in meeting the health and social care needs of either children or adults.
• Reflect on the title and introduction, and make sure you have summarised all points.
• Ensure that you summarise the three key points you have discussed in your essay.