Introduction and Choice of Country and Product
1. You now need to imagine that yourUniversity of londo business is looking seriously at launching one of your products internationally. As the marketing expert in your business, having looked at the proposal you will be reporting your thoughts in response to this suggestion to your organisation's Board.
2. For the purpose of the assignment, you will need to select a country where this product (imaginary if necessary but ideally linked to your business sector and it needs to be described) might be launched, and:
3. Write a short introduction outlining the scenario that you will discuss including your choice of country and product, as well as your rationale for these choices.
4. Choose fivemarketing models or concepts and apply these to your organisation in relation to launching this new product. Use them to help outline your response to this suggested international launch which you have been asked to present to your organisation's Board (excluding the SWOT, the 7 Ps and PESTLE models)?
5. The socio-cultural environment is one of the most important considerations for international marketing (Doole and Lowe, 2012). Looking at cultural theory in relation to international marketing, discuss fully the implications of at least six cultural issues in your chosen country which will affect marketing your product there and the implications of each.
6. What is the international marketing mix, and, using this model, discuss what else also needs to be considered for your country and your chosen product (that is, other than points already mentioned elsewhere)?
7. What marketing communication channels in your opinion need to be considered to contribute to, and ensure the success of, an international communications plan for launching your product into your chosen country? Outline at least fourand critically evaluate why you have chosen them.
a. In the marketing lectures I suggested that you ensured that you read the questions very, very carefullyand kept them alongside you as you begin to write, to ensure that you are always answering what has been asked.
b. Also note what is written in the accompanying weighting sheet, particularly the percentages for each question, as this will help you gauge how much to write for each question.
c. Before you begin writing, decide what you need to research and read. This is very important as you will need to build on the lecture notes. Your assignment must be supported by a significant number of information sources (references) and academic references. Therefore, reading around the subject is strongly encouraged, to understand the concepts (see suggested reading list). Be selective and prioritise the most important. However, do not copy out large sections of text or try and use another's work, as this will not pass through Turnitin unnoticed.
d. The word limit for the overall assignment is 2000 words +/- 10%and your final total word count needs to be This excludes the appendices which can therefore be used to contain tables etc if required. However, appendices need to be properly organised, referred to at the appropriate point in the text and must not individually each exceed five pages in length.
e. Write your assignment as a piece of concise business communication using appropriate headings, including any diagrams/illustrations you think would be useful, with a clear numbering system.
f. Whilst for some of you, marketing a product abroad might be considered ridiculous, for the purpose of the assignment please approach it as if an international launch is possible. Think of something that might be possible. So, look at this in the context of what is being asked, rather than writing long paragraphs on why is it impossible.
g. There should be no 'first person' references (I, we, us) in the report. If self-reference is required, you may refer to yourself as 'the author' or 'this report'
h. Clarity, precision, and evaluation are encouraged and will be rewarded. You should be thorough and detailed in your analysis, and all points should be fully explained and justified. Remember that there is a balance to be sought between a mass of detail and a thorough, yet relatively concise reasoning that answers the question.
i. An electronic version of the assignment must be submitted by the deadline.