About this coursework assignment
About this coursework assignment
Intro: CoffeeLounge is a newly founded coffeehouse looking to compete as a wholesale operation, supplying roasted coffee to caterers and specialist coffee shops in the UK. After a careful review of coffee demand in the UK; the competition and the demographics; the board of directors decided they wanted to import roasted coffee beans exclusively produced for them.
Your Group Task: CoffeeLounge has asked you as Supply Chain Consultants to carry out a:
A. Market research on coffee trends in the UK only
B. Your clients want you to provide a profile of three types of coffee beans sold in the UK
C. You should suggest two supplier outlets to source the coffee beans from.
D. For one supplier, state the best grounds for negotiations because you plan to order a year’s worth of coffee (use typical benchmarking)
E. They’ve asked you to clearly describe the procurement process involved in this venture
F. List the UK customs regulation involved in this supply chain logistics
G. State any common risk issues that your client will have to be aware of and suggest how they can mitigate them.
Group presentation: Your clients have asked your group to prepare a professional, high quality presentation, detailing your findings and your recommendations. They expect to be able to decide on which one of the two suppliers and coffee beans to select by the end of your group presentation.
Four key deliverables/tasks. You must work together and come across as a united group even though each student presents their own work. Each group member must select one task to complete. You must present your findings and recommendations in the following order:
1. Market Research: This should include historical facts and figures. Market channels, market trends in coffee demand. Note - report on market outlook (market size, growth predictions, customer segments and customer behaviour), market channels (here speak about competition as well) and trends (what is predicted to happen in the future). Suggest which population demographics in the UK your clients should target and justify your decision. Show the macroeconomic contributions and impacts of coffee in the UK.
2. Product Profile: Describe the coffee supply chain process. Create a profile for the top end, middle range, and low grade coffee types. Select only two grades of coffee to recommend to your client. It could be one top-end and one low-end, or middle range and low-end, or top-end and middle range. Compare and contrast the two selected. Give a brief description of the selected products in terms of availability, distribution, packaging, pricing. Suggest which 2 countries it's best to buy from and justify your choice.
3. Supplier Research and Procurement: Research the best supplier, port of origin and shipping line for each product. Research a few suppliers online that match the criteria you have set for the two products in the product profile. Create the supplier’s file: brand name, price, quality awards and why you have chosen this supplier. Then, choose which port will be better to send your products from and then research and choose the logistics company, best to work with. Justify!! (Cost, Services). Your clients are interested in how your recommended suppliers deal with the issues of Coffee Waste Management.
4. Government Regulations, Customs, & Risk Management: State the legalities involved in buying, importing, and shipping products of this nature. Compare the customs regulations for importing coffee from the two different countries you have chosen. Thinking about Brexit, how this might affect the import of coffee into the UK. How would your client deal with the issue of quality control and what is the best Incoterm to use in this case? State to your client what could go wrong within the Supplier Chain. Recommend how you might mitigate the possible inherent risks. How to act if the risk surfaces. Justify all your recommendations.
A. Extra guidance on your presentation:
? You must be a group of 4 students in each group. That way each student can be responsible for one of the four key deliverables.
? Each group member will have 5 minutes to present the task they were responsible for.
? Your seminar tutor will allocate you a slot to present your PPT in the seminar.
? Practice your delivery beforehand, dress smart, and speak clearly on the day. B. About your PowerPoint presentation file:
? Make sure you produce a high quality professional style PowerPoint Presentation.
? Your presentation must be well titled and each section labelled appropriately.
? Make sure all graphic images, tables and charts are all titled.
? You will need to provide a bibliography of references in your individual presentation slides. You will need to use Harvard style referencing.
? You must include a Cover Page including and it must show:
1. Team Name
2. Names of the students in the group;
3. Student ID numbers of the students in the group;
4. The Module Name and Code;
5. Date/Time of your Seminar Group Presentation;
6. The Name of your Seminar Tutor;
? You should proofread your PPT checking for grammar and other mistakes etc. C. Where to find the submission folder:
? Go to the Module VLE site,
? Click on the ‘Coursework 1: Group Assignment link’, scroll down
? Find the presentation submission link titled ‘Group Presentation Submission Folder’ and click on it to submit your group presentation.
? You must upload 1 Microsoft PowerPoint file containing your group work.
? Each student must include their presentation notes with the Master copy of the PowerPoint you submit as a group.