A1 To enable you to understand the key components and principles of strategy formulation and competitive analysis.
A2 To present to useful analytical skills, tools and techniques for analyzing a company strategically.
A3 To develop your ability to work in teams and communicate the analysis of case situations through presentations.
LO1 Apply key strategic management concepts, modules and principles to analyse differing organizational scenarios.
LO2 Generate strategic models to analyse an organizations current strategic position and performance with justifications.
LO3 Critically evaluate strategic management process and performance applying a variety of your own strategic perspectives.
Write a report of 2,500 words for your manager outlining the current situation in the marketplace of your chosen company by conducting an analysis using such models as stakeholder matrix analysis, model using an organisation of your own choice for the macro environment and an organisations internal environment and capabilities, using such models as model a basis for competitive advantage or using bench making or cost benefit analysis.
Outlining the current situation in the marketplace of your chosen company by conducting an analysis using Porters 5 force model and detail the pros and cons from your analysis. Then apply a range of theories or concepts to interpret and devise strategic planning for your chosen company by using Porter’s generic strategies, diversification, or vertical and horizontal integration.
Contents Page –including page numbers, section subheadings and sub-numbers
• Your executive summary should be no more than a page
• It should summarize all thioether sections of your report
• It should be the last thing you write even though it's usually the first thing read by others
• Its concise length and summary format will enable the reader to quickly understand the outcome of your report.
Key information: Assignment plan & design
•Purpose of the report and why the report was written
•Sources of information you have used for your report
•Limitations of your researchHow you conducted your research (primary and secondary)
Business situation analysis:
1. Introduce the brand –history, mission statement/values and products/services/business lifecycle phase
2. Customer analysis –segments, motivations, unmet needs demographics/average spend/usage
3. Current business operating structure, business model for distribution
4. SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) analysis of the brand including the micro and macro environment
5. PESTLE analysis – Apply to your company example
6. ANSOFF Model – apply to your company example
1. Porters 5 force model – Apply to case example – provide critical analysis
2. Porters Generic strategies – Relate to case example – provide critical analysis
Your conclusion should include the main findings of sections 2 and 3, and discuss your marketing plan section 3, bringing your report to a logical end.
Make sure that you use Harvard Referencing for all visual and written referenced material.
Additional information to support your report such as articles and academic writing. Please include the results of your primary research i.e., evidence of survey and/or focus group.