General Assessment Guidance
• Your summative assessment for this module is made up of this Coursework submission which accounts for 100% of the marks.
• Please note late submissions will not be marked.
• You are required to submit all elements of your assessment via Turnitin online access. Only submissions made via the specified mode will be accepted and hard copies or any other digital form of submissions (like via email or pen drive etc.) will not be accepted.
• For coursework, the submission word limit is 2,500 words. You must comply with the word count guidelines. You may submit LESS than 2,500 words but not more. Word Count guidelines can be found on your programme home page and the coursework submission page.
• Do not put your name or contact details anywhere on your submission. You should only put your student registration number (SRN) which will ensure your submission is recognised in the marking process.
• A total of 100 marks are available for this module assessment, and you are required to achieve minimum 50% to pass this module.
• You are required to use only Harvard Referencing System in your submission. Any content which is already published by other author(s) and is not referenced will be considered as a case of plagiarism.
• BPP University has a strict policy regarding authenticity of assessments. In proven instances of plagiarism or collusion, severe punishment will be imposed on offenders. You are advised to read the rules and regulations regarding plagiarism and collusion in the GARs and MOPP which are available on VLE in the Academic registry section.
• You should include a completed copy of the Assignment Cover sheet. Any submission without this completed Assignment Cover sheet may be considered invalid and not marked.
You are required to write a 2,500 word report on the customer experience (CX) strategy of Samsung for their mobile phone product lines. You should base your report on the analysis of their CX strategy in one specific country in which they operate, which you must identify in the introduction to your report.
You should write your report for the Board of Directors. Within the business report, reference should be made to relevant CX concepts, literature and application as appropriate. Only use graphics or tables to answer the requirements where it is suggested to do so. The Learning Outcomes that you have to meet in order to pass this assessment are:
1. Appraise the importance of customer experience for the success of the business.
2. Design and implement a customer journey mapping process, persona creation and measurement metrics
3. Evaluate and propose organisational CX performance metrics.
4. Evaluate how organisations ensure a seamless omni-channel customer journey.
5. Identify and critically evaluate CX processes in different industries and different brands and discuss success factors.
1. The importance of customer experience (10 marks, LO1): explain and critically evaluate the concept of customer experience. Appraise the importance of CX in the case of Samsung mobile phones.
2. Consumer persona creation (15 marks, LO2): explain what a consumer persona is and evaluate its role in developing effective CX strategy. In application to Samsung identify one key consumer persona and provide the following elements in a visual format.a. Demographics and story
c. Motivations for using a Samsung mobile
d. Goals for using a Samsung
e. Painpoints a Samsung mobile solves
3. Mapping the customer journey (15 marks, LO2): explain what a customer journey is and discuss its importance to CX strategy. In relation to your consumer persona identified in task.
- using a graphic or table, map their customer journey. This should be from the perspective of the customer and include the following:
a. Stages of journey
c. Feelings and needs
d. Potential opportunities for improvement
4. explain what is meant by omnichannel marketing and the role of interaction and customisation in omnichannel marketing. Identify for Samsung mobiles the different marketing channels used and analyse how effective Samsung is in achieving a seamless customer journey.
5. CX performance metrics : identify and critically evaluate four CX performance metrics. Provide a justified recommendation of two metrics which are the most important in the case of Samsung mobiles.
6. CX processes in different industries : Using five CX Critical Success Factors (CSFs) compare and explain the CX processes in Samsung and another company of your own choice in another industry.
7. Conclusion : having completed your report provide a conclusion on how effective Samsung's CX strategy is, using evidence from the previous six tasks to support your reasoning.
8. Presentation : present your report in a structured and professional manner using Harvard referencing guidelines.