Social Determinants of Global Health and Health Systems
Assessment Title: Essay
Using the country, you have been provided via Canvas, write an individual 2500-word Essay (+/- 10%). Note: The name of the country is (Republic of China)
The essay will focus on that country’s Health System. You will have to show how the country addresses the different Social Determinants of Health or fails to address them. Pick one specific non-communicable and one communicable disease, show how they are influenced by the SDH and how the government addresses them.
The essay should consist of:
1. A short introduction of the country. Explain where the country is, it’s demographic and it’s GDP. (200 words)
2. An explanation of the healthcare system. Features like ‘out-of-pocket spending’, inequalities, privatization or nationalization and its leadership etc. (800 words)
3. A brief explanation of the non-communicable diseaseyou choose. (200 words)
4. In this section you explain how the country addresses this disease or fails to address them; the influence of the SDH and via the policies and laws addressing the different underlying SDH. (500 words)
5. A brief explanation of the communicable diseaseyou choose. (200 words)
6. In this section you explain how the country addresses this disease or fails to address them; the influence of the SDH and via the policies and laws addressing the different underlying SDH. (500 words)
7. Conclusion: a brief and concise conclusion based on your assessment on what you have written (100 words)
8. Make sure to be critical, read different academic sources and governmental papers. Write concisely.
Please note the following when completing your written assignment:
a. Writing:Written in English in an appropriate academic style
b. Focus:Focus only on the task set in the assignment.
c. Ensure a clear title, course, and name or ID number is on a cover sheet and work is appropriately referenced.
d. Research:Research should use reliable and relevant sources of information e.g. academic books and journals that have been peer-reviewed. The research should be extensive.
e. All referencing should be in Harvard style.