Task 1 - Identifying a key problem within the business using appropriate decision-making models
The assignment requires a detailed written report which provides a market assessment, utilising appropriate methodology and secondary data the report must also include relevant models, theories and concepts from which a decision will be formed. The report will include an analysis of a specific business challenge detailing your approach and critical analysis for the proposed recommendation to the board.
This assignment has been designed to provide you with an opportunity to demonstrate your achievement of the following module learning outcomes:
1. Understand the context of business decision making and characteristics of decision-making problems;
2. Identify issues involved in making complex business decisions, including relevant ethical aspects and compare various quantitative and qualitative decision-making models;
3. Appreciate the need for approaching business problem solving as an integrated critical analysis as well as more specialist, functional approach;
4. Be able to select and use appropriate methodologies, tools and techniques to analyse data and present a professional report.
Report, 3000 words
As a business consultant you are required to assess the market and apply business decision making theories, concepts and relevant models. You are required to make an informed decision about the project in regard to feasibility and practicability then produce a report that uses a problem-solving technique to provide a pragmatic solution that will benefit the business.
Scenario: Business decision making is an important concept which requires full consideration, correct decision making is important so that research is conducted in an effective manner along with the related aspects. In this report, business decision making is considered for the scenario using research findings and analysis.
This report will focus on the business decision making for ‘posturparcel’ delivery company, the company plans to enter the UK market, therefore research is required to identify the opportunities and challenges in the UK market, as well as how to attract customers and the number of UK shipments.
In this scenario, you have recently been appointed as a business consultant manager and you have essentially been asked to identify a problem the company could face in a highly competitive market providing solutions on how to overcome the challenges and apply the types of managerial decision. Report on the challenges and barriers which you could face as a manager and also consider the decision-making process and its implementation in this scenario, highlighting what may be involved in the decision making and if the project is feasible or not?
1.Use an appropriate business decision making model and identify a key problem within the business to emphasise the framework of business decision making and the key characteristics of decision-making problems.
2. Create a plan for the collection of primary and secondary data for the above business issue and discuss the issues involved in making complex business decisions.
3. Select and use appropriate methodology (quantitative, qualitative or mixed method) tools and techniques to analyse the data?
1.Analyse the data gathered for the decision-making process and consider the competitors, highlighting the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats within the market. Provide evidence of research by presenting your ‘Posturparcel’ competitors (courier service providers) and market trends analysis in the format of line chart, cost, profit and anything relevant.
2. Use an appropriate business decision making model and evaluate the process
Review a problem-solving technique and the proposed solution:
Based on your research, identify a major problem occurred and state how you resolved it by utilising the problem resolving technique?