1. Portfolio Management
Assume you are the new CIO for NJMVC and are looking to introduce a formal portfolio management practice, based on ITIL guidance. One of your first steps is to have a discussion with existing IT Management.
- Name and briefly describe three IT servicesthat would likely be part of the IT organization’s service catalog of customer-facing services.
- Name and briefly describe three entries that would likely be part of the IT organization’s customer portfolio. Why is this of interest to the CIO? What other ITIL management practice would also be interested in these entries? (Make appropriate assumptions as needed.)
- Give an example of an entry that might likely be in the IT organization’s product/service portfolio, but not in the service catalog. Why is this so? (You may need to use your imagination, but it should be in the context of NJMVC services.
2. Supplier Management
Assuming again you are the new CIO for NJMVC.
- Identify and briefly describe an IT serviceyou might reasonably expect is insourced. Why? Give an example of an organization where a similar service might be outsourced. Why?
- Identify and briefly describe an IT serviceyou might reasonably expect is outsourced. Why? Give an example of a different organization where a similar service might be insourced. Why?
Note: In answering these questions, you may not want to focus on customer-facing services, but more on those that are internal to the NJMVC IT organization.
3. Service Continuity Management
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic these past two years, all enterprises – large and small are putting their IT service continuity plans to the test. These questions are in the context of services offered by NJMVC, and the IT services that underpin (support) them.
a. From your understanding of the NJMVC, identify and briefly describe two vital business functions (VBFs) for NJMVC that are minimallydependent on IT services. From your observation, how did the COVID-19 pandemic impact delivery of these services?
b. From your understanding of the NJMVC, identify and briefly describe two vital business functions (VBFs) for NJMVC that are heavilydependent on IT services. From your observation, how did the COVID-19 pandemic impact delivery of these services? From your general knowledge of information technology, what steps were taken (or could have been taken) to minimize RTOs?
4. Information Security Management
This question is independent of the NJMVC.
Assume you are the information security manager for an organization. Assume the organization is implementing a new financial management information system that will enable, among other things, the organization’s Chief Procurement Officer (CPO) to issue electronic purchase orders and the organization’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to authorize direct cash transfers from the organization’s bank accounts.
- What policy and/or new technology recommendations might you make to ensure authenticationto the system is correct? Why?
- What policy and/or new technology recommendations might you make to ensure non-repudiation of transactions enacted by the CPO and CFO? Why?
(You may need to make some assumptions and do a few quick web searches to identify some technology recommendations.)