Case study - Raffles Hotel Singapore (answers should be written in an academic style, using full sentences rather than bullet points or tables. Should use marketing theory, applying it to Raffles Hotel and its industry and wherever possible, critically analyzing both theory and the organization’s strategies. The reasons for the answers should be fully explains. Should use APA referencing protocol, citing relevant sources in the text and referencing them at the end of each answer.
1. Marketing mix – 7Ps
2. Analysis of Raffles Hotel’s STP (Segmentation, Targeting & Positioning) strategic - positioning in the marketplace and key target segments etc.
3. SWOT analysis of current resources and competences
4. Analysis of relevant macro-environmental (PESTEL) and industry dynamics (Porter’s Five Forces)
5. What is channel?
i) Why Is channel management important to hotel (in general)
ii) Brief background of Raffles Hotel (what kind of hotel classification would Raffles Hotel falls under?)
6. Base on this Hotel classification,
i) Discuss the different kinds of strategic alliances & partnership which are relevant to Raffles Hotel.
ii) Discuss the prons & cons of each strategic alliance of Raffles Hotel.
iii) What strategic alliances could Raffles Hotel form to increase its profits, and why would these be successful? Suggest THREE strategic alliances, and give your rationale for recommending one of them.
7. Branding strategy, brand extension
8. How could Raffles Hotel use the 7 elements of the Marketing Communications Mix (sometimes referred to as the Promotional Mix) if it opened a new hotel outside Singapore? Considering the characteristics of each element, describe their possible advantages and disadvantages to Raffles?
9. What pricing strategies could Raffles Hotel use to increase its profit margins? Discuss at least three strategies in depth, explaining possible advantages and disadvantages to Raffles, and give your rationale for recommending the most suitable one.
10. How could Raffles Hotel develop a Strong Customer Relationship Management Strategy, and what would be the benefits of this to Raffles and its customers? Clearly explain the strategy, and analyze at least two benefits to Raffles and two benefits to its customers.
11. Which methods could Raffles Hotel use to research its target audience, if it planned to open a golf course in Singapore? Compare the advantages and disadvantages of at least three methods, before recommending the one you believe most effective, giving your rationale.
12. How to select the appropriate research methods?
i) Explain the advantages and disadvantages and why you choose them and which one is your prefer one and why. • Face-to-face interviews • Web/internet interviews • Hall/central location test • Consumer panels
ii) How to use these methods to use on consumers
iii) Must know the purpose