As a keen, but economically challenged, cyclist you need a means of carrying two bicycles whilst travelling between destinations on a touring holiday in your small car which has a tow bar fitted.
1. For the above given case study derive at least four concept designs to satisfy the given specification. Use short written descriptions and simple sketches to illustrate your ideas. Show evidence of the use of the following techniques:
• Morphological chart.
2. Use the weighted objective method to select your best solution from any four of the concept designs.
3. What other information would be required to be able to write a more complete Product Design Specification? (Use an objective tree to clarify and expand upon the vague brief given.)
Following on from the QUESTION 1, produce a design report for design of the product based on the scenarios covered on the following pages. The report should contain, where appropriate:
• Title page
• Basic Product Design Specification
• Design Parameters
• Simple Description of chosen Design
• Design Evaluation
• Detailed drawings of the design, including dimensions, such that its constructional features can be seen*