Save Time & Improve Grades
Just share your requirements and get customized solutions on time.
Engaging Topics for Nailing That Expository Essay
While hunting for topics in the deepest creases of your mind, you must at first get a clear idea about what expository essays essentially are. Simply put, they are essays that lay down the facts, figures and arguments in a descriptive manner and do not require you to put forth your opinions or formulate analyses based on data and information that you collect personally. Of course, the tedious task of composing one is easier said than done, as is the case of most academic assignments. However, we have compiled a host of topics and some expert tips that you can consult for championing that expository essay like a pro.
Expert tips to write engaging expository essays
Do not stress yourself fretting over how to write an impressive expository essay for here are some expert tips that will help you sail through the task with élan. Efficient essay writing starts with precise planning and a keen attention to details. The following are some of the most reliable tips for composing a winning expository essay, explained in three simple steps.
- Plan and prepare
At the initial stage of writing the expository essay lays the planning part. If done with care and caution, this might be crucial in determining how your essay will turn out to be. This is the stage where you select the topic for your expository essay and conduct the background research on the topic of your choice. Maintaining notes at this stage that outline the main points that you wish to include in your essay will be helpful at the second stage of writing the essay. Once the selection of the topic is out of the way, you will move significantly closer to composing an expository essay that is sure to impress.
- Draft and compose
This is the stage where you actually write the essay. The best way to go about it is to prepare a rough and initial draft of the essay and work on it later to compose the final copy of your expository essay. Remember that, like all essays, an expository essay consists of an introduction, a body and a conclusion. The introduction should present the topic to the readers in a simple and straightforward manner whereas the body paragraphs will deal with the main points and arguments that you wish to include in your expository essay. The body paragraphs must have smooth transitory phrases and sentences, and deal with one argument or point along with supporting examples in one paragraph. Lastly, the conclusion should sum up the essay by going over all the important points that have been touched upon through the essay and end with a captivating closing line.
- Edit and proofread
After composing the final draft your expository essay, leave it around for a few days and take up the editing and proofreading task in a fresh mind after a few days. This will have two benefits: it will give you a fresh perspective to look at the essay in new lights, and enable you to find out the mistakes that you made and would have otherwise overlooked more prominent to you. Do not skip this very important step of editing and proofreading your essay multiple times so that it is devoid of errors.
Awesome expository essay topics
As a student, it might be particularly difficult at times to select a topic for an essay that is sure to impress your professors and save your grades. While a fair bit of brainstorming is never too passé, do not stress your brains too much in case you cannot come up with an engaging topic for your expository essay. The following are some of the intriguing ideas to compose your expository essay on, under a variety of disciplines and interests – you can choose from the list below or frame one for your own following the pattern of the topics enlisted.
- Science and technology
- Explain why learning the basics of IT is essential for surviving a digital era
- What is the significance of the research and studies about black holes?
- Describe in detail the top five scientific innovations that changed the face of humankind forever
- What are the effects of 3D printing technology on medicine, manufacturing, technology and fashion?
- Define nanobots and explain their uses
- Describe the evolution of the Internet and the changes following the rise of mobile technology
- Is electric clothing a real invention?
- Define string theory and present a discussion on the basic tenets of string theory
- How has artificial intelligence and automation developed through the ages?
- Define bioengineering and discuss the long-lasting impact of bioengineering developments on humankind
- Explain why space exploration missions are important for breakthroughs in space research
- Discuss the scientific developments brought about during Enlightenment in light of the inventions and discoveries of three pioneer scientists
- Describe the best processes and materials to build a sustainable structure that will stand the test of time
- Discuss the scientific project for storing information inside DNA structures in living beings
- Explain the arguments for and against the ethics of human cloning
- Compare the motives and ideals of the protagonist and antagonist in a classic novel of your choice
- How significant is the use of rhyme and metre in poetry? Explain with examples from poems of your choice.
- Define the historical and political backdrop of A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- Explain the use of ‘foil’ characters in a play
- Discuss the significance of the literature of the future
- What role do the literary elements play in giving life to a piece of literature
- Explain how cultures and traditions of a particular region, community or country portrayed in literature form ideas in the minds of the readers
- Analyse the use of themes in a literary work of your choice
- Describe the evolution of the English language through the literary works of eminent writers throughout the history of English literature
- What are the most crucial features of a novel of mystery genre?
- Explain the significance of the use of dramatic irony within a literary piece and illustrate with suitable examples
- Describe the psychological subtext of a literary work of your choice
- Define “figurative language” and explain the use of figurative language in literature over the ages
- Explain the literary style of your favourite author with examples from their works
- Compose a comparative analysis between two writers of the same genre of literature
- Mental health and psychology
- Define schizophrenia and its types and describe the treatment for people affected by schizophrenia
- Explain the cognitive behavioural therapy and the ways it can help the patients
- Define art therapy and retail therapy and form a comparative description of the two
- Create a detailed overview of the best five psychological journals of all time
- Explain the psychological basis of having phobias and describe the therapies that help in overcoming phobias
- Define obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), its types and methods of treatment among women
- Illustrate with examples the reason why people tend to commit suicide
- Write a comparative analysis of the roles of a psychologist and a psychiatrist
- Describe how a child with special needs affects the psychology of the parents
- Define altruism and present an overview of its categories
- Describe the stages of personality development in childhood
- Explain the theory of left brain vs. right brain dominance in humans
- Describe, in detail, the psychological significance of the “bystander effect”
- What is meant by the rule of reciprocity?
- Describe five symptoms of bipolar disorders
- Social issues
- Name any five things you wish to alter about your society and explain why
- Describe the risks and harmful effects of substance abuse among adolescents
- Explain the causes and effects of gender inequality in the workplace
- What is the social significance of wearing uniforms to school?
- Explain the relationship between juvenile delinquency and truancy among teenagers in developing countries
- Explain the effects of social media on the lives of students suffering from social exclusion and introversion
- What are the social factors racism and prejudice?
- Define the religious factors at play in perpetuating fundamentalism all across the globe in modern times
- Explain the multiple levels of discrimination and stigma people from LGBTQ communities face due to their sexual orientation
- What are the effects on the socialisation of a child brought up by single parents?
- Define homelessness and the reasons why people become homeless
- What are the causes and effects of bullying among pre-teens in school?
- Describe the social factors of loneliness and alienation among old people in the developed countries
- Trace the history of the development of social studies as a discipline following Enlightenment
- Describe the history of family and marriage over the ages and express your views on the modern family structure of the digitised age
- Environment and ecology
- What are the most popular and viable sources of renewable energy?
- Explain the causes and effects of greenhouse gas emissions and environmental pollution
- What are the impactful and long-lasting effects of global warming?
- What should an ideal mobile application for contributing positively to the environment function like?
- Describe the categories of environment pollution along with feasible solutions to curb them
- What are the five gadgets that we should immediately stop using or reducing the use of to curb global warming?
- Discuss the agenda and outcome of three most significant Earth Summits with regard to environmental issues
- What are the reasons that more people should switch to solar energy for household appliances and electric supplies?
- The processes of managing industrial waste in cities and towns with dense populations
- Discuss about the significance of ecosystems and the needs to preserve them
- What are the main concerns for the preservation of habitats for endangered species? Discuss the necessity of conserving endangered species in the planet.
- Define rainwater harvesting systems and the ways of water conservation through rainwater harvesting
- If you could design a futuristic car, what are the environment and ecology-friendly features that you would like to add to it and why?
- Discuss the goals and efficiency of an environmental programme undertaken by your government
- How is the population explosion going to affect perishable and non-renewable energy resources in the world that lead to a resource shortage?
- Discuss the development of the human brain and the changes that occur due to growth and age
- What are the preventive and treatment measures to be undertaken by governments for new viruses such as Zika?
- Discuss the significant developments in the research and studies to cure cancer over the last two decades
- Define vaccines and their functions and detail the uses of vaccines in medicine
- Pick an incurable disease that you would like to cure if you could and explain the reasons why
- What are some of the most reliable home remedies for treating common cold on a shoestring budget?
- Explain the cause and effects of the malpractice by doctors who push the patients to buy certain medicines to ensure profits for certain pharmaceutical companies
- Detail the symptoms, diagnosis, and prognosis of a disease solely found in people from developing countries
- Discuss alternative medicine and form a comparative presentation on the types of alternative medicine and their uses
- Explain the effects of stress and hypertension among the youth in developed countries
- Discuss the different types of stem cell and the possibilities that further developments in stem cell research hold for the field of medicine
- Define antioxidants and their roles in preventing dangerous ailments such as cancer
- Discuss the relationship between breastfeeding, better health and lower obesity rates among children
- Illustrate with examples the effects of taking part in competitive sports on the reproductive system of men and women athletes
- Explain the causes and symptoms of Parkinson’s disease and the best techniques for treatment and care
- Discuss the role of the Catholic Church in Europe during the Medieval ages
- What was the impact of smallpox on the colonisation of the North and South Americas?
- Explain the influences of Buddhism on the Chinese Empire
- What is the significance of geography in shaping the history of Greece?
- Discuss the premises of World War II set in the backdrop after the end of World War I
- What were the causes and effects of the economic slump in the USA in 1819?
- Explain the role of the Golden Age in the development of Western Civilisation
- What is your favourite era in history? Give reasons to support your choice.
- Discuss the historical and social premises that led to Karl Marx composing the Communist Manifesto
- What were the influences of Enlightenment at the beginning of the French Revolution?
- How did the art patronage system work during the Renaissance?
- Form a comparative analysis between the role of peasants in western Europe and the serfs in Russia
- What were the most significant reasons for the Civil War in the USA?
- Explain the reasons for the division in the Soviet Union
- Discuss the historical significance of the invention of newspapers
- Personal experiences
- Which is favourite novel? Provide reasons and examples to support your answer.
- How will you define the nature of true friendship and discuss one friendship that you feel will stand the test of time?
- If you had the chance of meeting an eminent personality, who will it be and why?
- Discuss three of your favourite pastimes and state reasons supporting each.
- What has been the influence of sports in your life?
- Describe, in detail, your first day at school or college
- Which country would you like to visit the most and why?
- Describe a movie or a play that has left a lasting impression in your mind
- Pick a memorial from your college or university and describe its history and significance inside the campus
- Explain how growing up with or without a sibling has helped shape your personality and life
- What are the most significant pieces of art from the Renaissance era and why?
- Explain what the most important traits a person running for class president should ideally possess
- Discuss how you will come to aid of a friend who self-harms
- What are the most significant factors to consider before selecting a college?
- Explain the ultimate college survival kit for freshmen
- Discuss the policies and consequences of a nationalised health insurance scheme in your country
- What are the rising influences of social media on the political life of ministers and cabinet position holders?
- Delineate the politics of scandals and how they are used by politicians to have an extra edge over their political opponents
- Explain the factors of political lobbying for the establishment of heavy industries leading to environmental degradation in the developing countries
- What are the ways of fighting corruption within the political systems?
- Discuss how Donald Trump’s presidency is going to affect the political scenario in the USA
- Define the politics of power and present an overview of the power dynamics within the political framework of a country of your choice
- Discuss the interrelationship and causal factors for the relation between sports and politics
- Explain the impacts of television in the last two decades on the political framework of your country
- Discuss the role of politics in creating and propagating violence all over the world
- What is the importance of labour unions in politics? Define their role in fighting for the rights of the oppressed through the ages.
- Explain the nature and significance of the concepts of authority and accountability in the political divide globally
- Discuss four important ideas that can be used to reflect public opinion with regard to politics
- What is the role of politics in the society?
- Explain the political angles at play in the invasions of western nations into sovereign territories of the world through the ages
- General topics
- Explain the reasons why elderly people are living in poorer conditions in this century than the last
- Define the mentality of perceived obesity and explain the eating disorders found in teens who are overly conscious about their body image
- What are the main five reasons that couples break up more frequently nowadays?
- Prepare an overview of the relation between imposing a dress code and increased productivity in the workplace
- What are the most likely consequences of performing poorly in classes?
- Describe the ideal system of penalties for people who litter the streets and surroundings
- How does the music taste of people influence their personalities?
- Define substance abuse and state the reasons why teens from developing countries are more susceptible to falling prey to addiction
- What is philately and its benefits with a special emphasis on why it is considered as outdated among the younger generation
- Explain why learning a foreign language is considered to be indispensable nowadays
- Describe the ideal safety measures that can be undertaken to prevent wildfires during the summer
- Prepare a detailed explanation on how to become an expert camper
- Explain the ideal measures for rash driving and flouting of traffic rules by intoxicated drivers
- What are the impacts of the Internet in learning systems and traditional pedagogy?
- Describe the positive and negative impact of materialism and consumerism with suitable examples
Here were just a few prompts and ideas for composing an engaging expository essay that piques the interest of your professors and fetches you great grades. You can pick one from the collection of topics we provided or frame one according to your interests for writing that winning expository essay. Good luck and happy writing!
Exasperated with your expository essay? Worry not, for MyAssignmenthelp.com is here with a wide range of custom writing services by professional custom writers to suit all your academic needs!
At MyAssignmenthelp.com, you will find solutions to all your scholastic woes with the help of expert essay writers and professional academic paper writers who compose your assignments to perfection that incorporate all your academic requirements. Covering hundreds of disciplines on myriad essay writing topics under the sun, you will be able to avail top-notch paper writing help from our essay helpers at MyAssignmenthelp.com. Trusted by thousands of students for over a decade, we provide top-notch academic paper and essay help services for those struggling to keep up with the rising pressure in academia. We provide effective and prompt solutions for all kinds of academic assignments such as dissertations, essays, research papers, case studies, homework, term papers, coursework, and many more. The following are some of the exclusive features of our express essay help and academic writing services that make sure we remain at the top all the time.
- In-depth knowledge
We have over 4000 highly qualified scholars and PhDs from reputed universities who have a world of knowledge on multiple disciplines. Tackling any essay topic deftly with expertise and finesse is thus an easy breeze for them that make sure we deliver world class assignments suited to your academic needs.
- Remarkable quality
Not only writers, but we also have experienced essay editors and professional essay proofreaders who, along with the subject matter experts at MyAssignmenhtelp.com, are in charge of maintaining stellar quality in all our assignments by making them rid of all factual, grammatical, and typographical errors.
- Timely deliveries
Having a team of super-fast essay typers and dynamic paper writers, we make sure that your assignment reaches you well before the time that you mention while placing an order with us.
- 100% original content
We place high regard for originality in academics and ensure that all our assignments go through plagiarism checks, so they turn out to be 100% original in content.
- Affordable rates
Offering cheap essay help at rates that will not burn a hole in your pocket, the price lists for the impressive assignment writing services at MyAssignmenthelp.com is sure to leave you awestruck.
- Easy navigation
The user-friendly navigational features at MyAssignmenthelp.com ensures that you can place an order for your assignments with all the specifications for academic requirements such as topic, word count, referencing and formatting guidelines as well as the deadline.
- Safe payment modes
Keeping your money secure, you will be able to make a payment for your impeccable assignments at MyAssignmenthelp.com through a safe portal that lets you pay via Internet banking, credit or debit card, or your PayPal wallet.
- 24*7 online support
You can get in touch with our friendly and resourceful online support team any time of the day or night regarding any query or problem that you face with your academics.
Place an order with MyAssignmenthelp.com for immaculate assignments composed to perfection for securing superb grades from your professors and for doing away with losing sleep over deadline dreads forever!